The Most Scary PC Game Ever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Scary PC Game Ever

What do you think is the most scary PC game of all time?

My was Doom 3 [when the baby cry and Ambient sounds], F.E.A.R and the expansion demo too [Little girl, Ambient sounds] and condemned criminal origins. [Mannequins and Ambient sounds].
    [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
    5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
    [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Re: The Most Scary PC Game Ever

I'm always on the edge of my seat and I jump several times a night when I'm playing The Hidden. My wife thinks it's funny...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

System Shock 2 is definately the creepiest and most frightening game I've played. Silent Hill is also up there. Doom 3, FEAR, and Condemned did nothing to scare me.

Comment

I got to say F.E.A.R was the scariest game I have ever played. Something about a little girl stalking you, scares the poo out of me.
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

pac man. fo' sheezy.

Comment

Clive Barker's Undying.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
            [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
            Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

The original Half-Life probably had me jumping the most of any game I've played. I'm not a survival horror-type person, and my PC wasn't able to handle Doom 3 and FEAR, so I'm likely not the best source for that stuff though.

For straight freaked-right-the-hell-out factor, I don't think you can top Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

System Shock 2 made me feel very alone in the game, which is kinda creepy. And the first time I played the original Doom it gave me nightmares.
                sigpic

Comment

Phantasmagoria was scary, but more in a creepy and gruesome way. It didn't make you jump out of your skin, but it could give you nightmares.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Silent Hill or Resident Evil, the original games. In that day I did jump playing those games. you have to set the mood for horror games though, turn off the lights, play at 12 am.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                      Phantasmagoria was scary, but more in a creepy and gruesome way. It didn't make you jump out of your skin, but it could give you nightmares.
                      The sequel gave me happy dreams too, after I played out the fetish club scene. :P
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101 View Post
                        System Shock 2 is definately the creepiest and most frightening game I've played.
                        /me gives Karkianman a gold star

Yes - and parts of the Thief games can contend for the title too.
                        2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
                        BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

Half Life 2 Episode 1 made my jump a few times, the Headcrabs launching at you. Or the Zombines appearing behind.

Comment

F.E.A.R all the way. I installed the demo, walked down a hallway, saw the girl, hit esc, and uninstalled. Seriously. I am so bad with scary games, although for some reason I was able to make it through Half-Life and Half-Life 2 without the zombies or headcrabs scaringme, and Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines without getting completely freaked out in the haunted house.

Comment

While not a scary game in and of itself, there is a montage during Max Payne that had me very... creeped out. The part where he goes back to his home, and everything is distorted with a baby crying and people screaming.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X