No announcement yet.

Look what Divx is doing now!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what Divx is doing now!

:row__631: :madsmile:

Log File Information: Our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit the Site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, platform type, click rates, pages viewed and the order in which those pages were viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your web request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.

Single-Pixel Information: We may also send single-pixel or transparent image tracking HTML-based emails to our visitors to track which outgoing emails are opened by recipients. The information we gain through this technology is anonymous (i.e. non-personally identifiable).

We may, however, share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information (including anonymous usage patterns, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click rates, etc.) with third party companies that wish to learn more about usage patterns for certain video content, software downloads, services, advertisements, and/or promotions associated with the Site.
    We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information and/or non-personally identifiable information about you without your prior consent if We have a good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action; (2) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (3) enforce the provisions of this Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and/or any other agreements between you and DivX, including investigation of potential violations thereof; or (4) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of DivX, its visitors and/or the public.
    Asus|i7x970|ddr31600mhz24gb|EVGA GTX680-4gb|1200wcorsairgldatx|CreativeX-F1extrem7.1|Win764bitpro|TrackIr4Pro/ir |JoystickCHFighterstick|SaitekpedalsPro|X52ThrtlCo ntlr|G15Keybrd|32"Lcd HDMI/DVI TV|

Re: Look what Divx is doing now!

That's pretty standard stuff.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Look what Divx is doing now!

Yeah, that is quite standard. Most webmasters use analysis software (including TG) that give us information on website usage patterns, paths, referrals, and more.

The transparent pixel images in e-mails have been done for years. I don't use Outlook, and I don't allow my mail reader to download remote content, so they can't track e-mails they send me, but it's a pretty commonplace occurance.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed