Tactical Gamer Texas LAN Party and BBQ, 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Texas LAN Party and BBQ, 2007

I had a blast this January getting together with the Texas crew in Austin for games, beer, and beef! I was wanting to put out feelers (noodles if you will) for emulating the awesomeness of January '06 for early '07.

Now, I'm not volunteering to coordinate this effort (I'm volunteering someone else :D), rather I'm just seeing if there's some interest out there and maybe framing a time window.

And if you're wondering, yes, the 2006 pow-wow was a blast.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Tactical Gamer Texas LAN Party and BBQ, 2007

Count me in!

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

What games will be played at the LAN party? I might be able to make it. What are the exact dates?
      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtboy View Post
        What games will be played at the LAN party? I might be able to make it. What are the exact dates?
        I think that this thread is to determine dates, and this year we did our gaming at a LAN center called CyberJocks. Great place. They let us bring food and drink into the private room that we reserved. The beer cooler fit nicely underneath the table that StrikeFear set up his PC/flight simulator on! The machines were top notch, but they had a limited number of games (most of the popular games, though!). I can't find their list of games on the website now...

I'd be happy going to the same venues as last time, with the exception of Kerbey Lane, of course...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm right there with you Cing :D.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it as early as January next year (I'll know more in Dec.) but I'd definately be able to plan as far out as Feb/March perhaps hitting a spring break/extended weekend for some of the college-bound crowd.

Austin was completely awesome, so I'm all for the 7 hour drive to get there again ;)
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

oh you you southern folks make me so mad. Bring that beef and beer up north where I'd be glad to join in the feast!
            | | |

Comment

I'm up for it. February is better than March, since SXSW fest is in March and the traffic is horrible. My bandwidth is pretty limited right now so I can't really help out with the planning, but I can commit to securing BBQ supplies and cooking said supplies, and talking with CyberJocks. ;)
              Beatnik

Comment

Oh fine, wait til after I move away from Austin to have your shindig. I see how it is. *shakes fist*
                2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
                BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

OMG -- I'm TOTALLY in again! :p I'll even head stuff up if noone else wants to.... huh, Cing? :D Thanks to Rince for PMing me back from the dead.

/subscribe to thread :)

P.s. I suggest Feb. 16th weekend. That Friday is Pres. day and people might be able to swing the extended weekend... Just a suggestion.
                  I heart TG.
                  xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

In!
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd love to join in the fun but I can't promise anything. We'll have a toddler and a 2-3 month old so it may be dicey to try to scoot out for a weekend of fun and games.

If we were to do it in scenic Houston we could also knock the famous ammo test. Just throwing that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by |TG|SugarNCamo View Post
                        OMG -- I'm TOTALLY in again! :p I'll even head stuff up if noone else wants to.... huh, Cing? :D Thanks to Rince for PMing me back from the dead.

/subscribe to thread :)

P.s. I suggest Feb. 16th weekend. That Friday is Pres. day and people might be able to swing the extended weekend... Just a suggestion.
                        I think presidnet day may work out well. Too bad it's a stinkin' monday

leejo, can your kid click a mouse? Offer to take the tot ;)

PS Like the, uh, avatar there Sugar.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                          I think presidnet day may work out well. Too bad it's a stinkin' monday

leejo, can your kid click a mouse? Offer to take the tot ;)

PS Like the, uh, avatar there Sugar.
                          I heart TG.
                          xoxo

~Sugar~

"Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline." ~I saw this in Zephy'rs sig and I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
                            Offer to take the tot ;)
                            No.

Comment

OOOOO I missed out on last years, and the Vegas trip fell through. Texas is just next door, I don't know, a whole 'nother country or so over in dat direcsion :)
                              I'm in if Febuary or later!!

"Ok....smoke sometimes works."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...