Eragon the movie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eragon the movie

I don't know how this slipped past me but I am very interested in going and seeing this. I Ove these kind of movies and this one looks like it was done fairly well. The website is one of the best websites I have seen seems to be well assembled. Check it out and see what you think. I am pretty stoked about it personally.

http://www.eragonmovie.com/main.html?cid=us

Trailer1 is the better of the two IMO
    sigpic

Re: Eragon the movie

Thats a sick website, and it looks like a good movie.

Comment

Wow. That movie looks great.
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I've heard the book was like gold in Europe a couple of years ago, but just now started to pick up in the US. My wife has an original signed copy of a 1st edition print of the book. She's hoping that some day it'll be worth some $$. Looking forward to the movie- especially if the movie sells out. That book might be my ticket to retirement lol. The trailers look well done.

Comment

The movie looks good, but I'm being reserved in my judgement until I see more. I feel that it could equally either go really well, or turn into an over-the-top-try-to-outdo-LotR thing.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
            The movie looks good, but I'm being reserved in my judgement until I see more. I feel that it could equally either go really well, or turn into an over-the-top-try-to-outdo-LotR thing.
            Good point - Even with all the eye-candy possible these days, it's still all about character development and plot.

Comment

Agreed, though from the trailer, it looks like this is one of three movies. It could go well, or it could flop.

It looks sweet from what I can tell so far, so I'll go see it when it comes out...as my graduation present from myself (it premiers the day before I graduate).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

I've never even heard of this before, but the film looks awesome!! I'm definitely gonna have to hook up w/Roach and check this out!!
                |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                  Yeah, I think I'm going to read the book first... Amazon has it for $4 used...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My understanding is that it's more of a kid's book. I'm expecting Harry Potter with dragons with Lord of the Rings sets, rather than Lord of the Rings with dragons and Lord of the Rings sets.

Comment

Harry Potter may be written so that a kid can read it, but I wouldn't say that it's a kid's book. It has broad appeal. (or maybe I'm just a kid...)

Regardless, if it's along the lines of the quality of Rowling's books, then I'm definitely there!
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What's with Jeremy Irons and Dragon Movies?
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I watched the author of Eragon discuss the book on a morning broadcast. He seemed like an honest individual who did what he loved and is experiencing great success. Trully, I hope the movie is a great success so it would inspire others to do what their heart tells them.

Comment

I've heard from a few friends that the book is a little bit of a let down. While reading the book, more than one spotted a strong similarity to the Star Wars story (but "with dragons and magic").

But hey, it was written by a teenager, so you have to keep that in mind. It's in my pile of books to read, so I'll get to it eventually.
                            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X