Console gaming and TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console gaming and TG

There are a few tactical shooters out there that are console exclusive that I am interested in. Chrome Hounds jumps to the top of the list. Playing multiplayer without TG seems trite these days though.

I assume this is already an old discussion and I just didn't find it when I did a search. But what is the relationship between console gaming and TG? Could we ever be in the business of hosting a game community for a console exclusive title not available on PC? Would we want to?

I just keep seeing some promising work coming out of consoles and even some benefits of standardized, centralized online services such as Live. And I wonder if there is any future to be had between TG and the innovations that are appearing on the next generation consoles.
    Xbox Live Gamertag: TG ABRA
    live.xbox.com/member/TG ABRA
    Friend me!

Re: Console gaming and TG

I placed this thread here both for the wider audience and the non-console specific environment as opposed to the console forum.
    Friend me!

Comment

I'm pretty ignorant as to just how much TG can get involved in console gaming, I guess... Are there dedicated servers for console games?

I am sure that I'm fearful that console games would be worse than CounterStrike in terms of being filled mostly with the exact opposite type of people that we want here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52098207965240
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I think that it is a great idea. Not only have FPS, but also sports games, or even racing games. IMO anyway:)
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          I am sure that I'm fearful that console games would be worse than CounterStrike in terms of being filled mostly with the exact opposite type of people that we want here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52098207965240
          Wow. That .. WOW. That is perhaps the most persuasive argument against consoles I have heard.

I don't know what the console ownership is among TGers but perhaps an invite-only pilot program could test the feasibility of admin controls to curtail such behavior. I don't know much about dedicated servers either. Just seems like with all the friends and clan support on XBOX Live, we'd be able to stitch our community together in that venue and host TG style games on some of the cutting edge console titles.
          Friend me!

Comment

I would be very interested in having a ChromeHounds Squad for TG.

Comment

There's no Dreamcast love in the Console Forum =(
              |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

I'm pretty ignorant as to just how much TG can get involved in console gaming, I guess... Are there dedicated servers for console games?

I don't have children yet but I know for a fact there would be an smoking pile of XBox in my front yard at this point.
                Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
                  There's no Dreamcast love in the Console Forum =(

Click here.

:D

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

If that were my kid.. well.. Nevermind.. it wouldn't be pretty.

I'm still learning about it too, I've got to get the wireless adapter for Xbox Live to use it. I think you can lock-up games and matches in XBox Live. There seem to be more than just a few XBox360 onwers in TG.
                    sigpic

Comment

Holy smokes, that's either one brave kid, or one extremely SPOILED kid.

Heh if I argued like that, let alone say "thats bull****!" or... "I wanted that F'in chocolate milk!"... well or anything else that little twerp said... well, let me just say, I think I'd still be recovering to this day. Momma tells me to turn it down, you best believe it gets turned down.

But to clarify something, not only the fear God would keep me quiet, but dangit boy, thats your MOTHER, she wants the TV quiet, you turn it down.

Sorry ABRA, that video (among others, not to mention personal experience) is reason enough for me not to even worry about console multiplayer. The folks that play it. Then again, take into account the battlefield 2 communities killed bf2 for me. So I don't have a high tolerance for that trash.
                      -

Comment

I don't think one occurance speaks about the entire competitive console gaming comunity, as much as the Counterstirke Vent video does about the PC gaming community.

Hopefully when the 9 year old grows up and see what he does in google video he'll laugh and see the error in his ways.

Comment

There's only slight differences between console gaming idiots and PC gaming idiots. They both comprise about 90% of their respective systems, but PC gaming idiots are easier to deal with.

TG pretty much exists for the sole purpose of sheltering those sane few from the rest of the population. It's cold out there on the pub servers guys. We've got it good at TG.

It's all about server control and playing to your consumer base. XBlive has to allow these idiots to go about their business because they pay them money for the service. So, aside from blatant cheating, they can do pretty much whatever they want.

Isolate yourself from these people. Chromehounds allows the creating of squads so you can only game with them if you feel like it. Hell, we could run three TG squads for all three opposing nations and just fight each other. But that's beside the point. Find the good players and bring them into your friends list. Just like we do at TG. It's harder without servers we control, but it IS possible.

Comment

That parent should be reported to social services.

The child should be flogged, after they're forced to watch their beloved xbox destroyed.
                            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I thought everyone had already seen that video. Further discussion can be found in the Sandbox if you search for it. I only brought it up because I think that the console gaming demographics are MUCH younger than PC gaming's.

I'm glad to hear Fenix say that there are ways for us to group up. I wish they would figure out a way to make the console games and PC games compatible and/or dedicated servers for console multiplayer games. That would be ideal.
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X