The Punisher...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Punisher...

Go see it. Its a great movie. I was totally surprised of how good of a movie it was.. to be honest, it has nothing to do with the comic and they could of called this movie "Max Payne" and it still would of been an awesome action flick. Not a lot of blood, but a lot of action, and the blood thats in it, is realistic.

BTW: John Travolta plays an awesome villain in this movie. He is totally sick and twisted.

Re: The Punisher...

Originally posted by _Ender_
    I would love to be a paying member again, I'm just not able to be.
    That was just a few weeks ago.

I think Apo has worked with people in the past to accept cash and money orders.

After all, even The Punisher had dog tags. ;)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Lets see here... *grabbing the ol calculater*....

Avg. movie ticket $8.00
      Times 3 movies a month..

thats about $24.00 per month..

Now correct me if I am wrong.. or if my math is a little off... I would say thats Just a hair under 3 months membership to Tactical Gamer.

Dogtags from Tactical Gamer... Priceless....

Comment

Originally posted by FireMarshal
        Avg. movie ticket $8.00
        Add popcorn and a coke and the price for seeing a flick jumps up to around $130...

Well, maybe not that much, but I went to see The Passion last week and spent $11 on a large popcorn and large coke... Crazy....

TG is a spectacular value, really.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

OR...

We could talk about the movie... :P
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            OR...

We could talk about the movie... :P
            Agreed!

I don't think we want non members to feel like they can't talk about other stuff here without getting ragged on for not signing up. Ender just wants some discussion about a movie and the first few replies are about getting a membership with little relevance to the topic. I'm all for encouraging players to sign up but this is the wrong time to do it.

Ender, it doesn't bother you that the movie isn't even close to the comic's storyline. It seems like every comic turned movie gets a vastly different interpretation of the original story.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

But it's ender. We're allowed to rag on him cause hes oldschool. :p

Comment

I said I saw the movie, I never said I paid for it :P

Originally posted by sarc
                Ender, it doesn't bother you that the movie isn't even close to the comic's storyline. It seems like every comic turned movie gets a vastly different interpretation of the original story.
                Well lets look at what Punisher was about. A man, Frank Castle, who loses his family (in the case of the comic it was Kingpin who did it), he takes on the persona of a "punisher" and then goes on a killing spree to get that person back. That was pretty much what Punisher was about, and the movie is just like that expect it wasnt Kingpin who was the villain it was another guy named "Howard Saint" who was pretty much the Kingpin in every way but looks. The basics of the comic was present in the movie - villain kills family and him, he turns out to be alive and swears revenge on the person who ordered the hit. I am of course leaving out a big piece of the plot for obvious reasons, but its pretty much the Punisher, just no Kingpin.. which I am not crying over since they screwed him up the first time. The fact that it wasnt Kingpin who wasnt the villain really didnt bother me since, like I said, this Saint guy is pretty much the Kingpin in every way, so the fact that the Kingpin wasnt in it, didnt make me cry or anything. Then again, I am not an anally retentive comic fan who wants the movie to be an exact copy of the comic book its based off of. I want the movie to be a little different, as long as the movie didnt give Punisher super powers I dont really care and the movie was pretty damn close to the style of the comic.

But like I said before, they could of called this movie "Max Payne" and it would of been just as good. Its a good action movie, simple as that. I think its also a good comic book movie, since they did use the storyline of the comic, but if they added Kingpin (you know, an actual guy who looks like Kingpin and not the dude who was in that Tom Hanks movie) it really wouldnt of made it any better or worse. It would of been the same movie, it just would of pleased more anally retentive comic book fans who want the movies exactly like the comic.

BTW: I dont buy coke or pop corn or any of that crap. I dont free like spending 9 dollars for a thing of pop corn when I can go to the grocery store and buy a big thing of it for 2 dollars.
                Last edited by _Ender_; 04-17-2004, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X