TG brothers and sisters...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG brothers and sisters...

I don't know if this will work or not, but I'm going to ask for the communities assistance in trying :icon7:

I inquired about DSL from my local phone company, and they need more requests to get it here...it is one of the last little zones they don't have DSL in even....sooooo.... here's a reply I got from them...If you have a few minutes and wouldn't mind....give the number a call.... and ask about DSL in the 937 area code :icon6: I'd apprecite it greatly...and cross my fingers that it will help :icon14:

Originally posted by Alltel Cust. Service
    Please contact ALLTEL Customer Services, 888-9ALLTEL (888-925-5835), they will be able to answer all your questions about the various plans available in your area and the cost.
    Bless you all

Re: TG brothers and sisters...

what if they ask about zip code, address, etc.? Is 937 area code all they need?

edit: obviously I don't expect you to post your address to the whole damn world.
    Last edited by USN_Squid; 04-19-2004, 12:28 AM.
    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
      If you have a few minutes and wouldn't mind....give the number a call.... and ask about DSL in the 937 area code :icon6: I'd apprecite it greatly...and cross my fingers that it will help :icon14:

Hey.. my area code is 937.... In Ohio :)

Comment

Hmmmm. Alltel Communications? My employer does warehouses for them. I've even done conveyor programming for their Georgia & Arkansas sites, if this is the same company:

http://www.alltel.com/

Should I see if our sales guy can push some buttons in the upper ranks? They must still like us because we're still getting work from them. Of course, I don't know that our contacts are close enough to the residential branch, but I can ask.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
          what if they ask about zip code, address, etc.? Is 937 area code all they need?

edit: obviously I don't expect you to post your address to the whole damn world.
          If they ask, I'm going to tell them my employer is transferring me to the Dayton, OH area and I want DSL. I don't have an address there yet. (BTW, Dayton pops up when you do a Google search on "area code 937" so I'm not violating anyone's info here)

Comment

Originally posted by Geisha
            If they ask, I'm going to tell them my employer is transferring me to the Dayton, OH area and I want DSL. I don't have an address there yet. (BTW, Dayton pops up when you do a Google search on "area code 937" so I'm not violating anyone's info here)
            937 is actually *almost* the entire west side of Ohio... it gets smaller as you go north. I live 30 miles north of Dayton.

Comment

Sorry so late getting back in here....friggin spyware had the net connection all fubar'd ...couldn't connect to a site, or do mail :icon8:

...and yes Geisha dear...sweetie, honey... ;) that's the Alltel :) Go yank someone's chain....you live with Greg...I know you can handle it :icon_lol: If for no other reason...do it for Eternal's sake :icon19:

....I'd Imagine telling them (Alltel) just the zipcode would be fine...if not...tell them "Covington" ....I think that's the only 937 area code area that Alltel services....

Comment

Originally posted by phyllis
                Sorry so late getting back in here....friggin spyware had the net connection all fubar'd ...couldn't connect to a site, or do mail :icon8:

...and yes Geisha dear...sweetie, honey... ;) that's the Alltel :) Go yank someone's chain....you live with Greg...I know you can handle it :icon_lol: If for no other reason...do it for Eternal's sake :icon19:

....I'd Imagine telling them (Alltel) just the zipcode would be fine...if not...tell them "Covington" ....I think that's the only 937 area code area that Alltel services....
                Small world... my wife works in Piqua.... I live in Sidney... I'm about 20 miles from.. coming from 47...

Comment

At the risk of being accused of party-pooping....

Is the goal of this effort to deceitfully mislead a company into believing that the people calling are prospective new customers who live in or near the area?

While no doubt clever and probably effective, are there business ethics concerns with this?
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Im sure we will get the poor company to prode dsl for the 40+ customers that are not there, and then they will go under because of the lack of revenue and high cost....... then he will get stuck with a baby bell............
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                      Of course they made it clear that this is IF they even planned on expanding in my direction. Sorry Phil but you and I are stuck.
                      Drat, my answer to Wyz was going to be that I thought we were just bumping Covington up on the list, on the theory that the entire US is going to have high-speed internet eventually. Well, maybe minus some swamp in Louisiana and some desert in Nevada. If the company actually doesn't think they can stay in business then that IS is a different matter. :(

Comment

In all fairness, who IS interested in expanding in Eternal's direction?

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                          In all fairness, who IS interested in expanding in Eternal's direction?

:icon_lol:

I was eating when I read this and I swear I snorted some food up into my nasal cavity from an unexpected laughing fit...

:icon_smil Please post warnings before these humorous posts...I don't enjoy choking on my food....

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                            Of course they made it clear that this is IF they even planned on expanding in my direction. Sorry Phil but you and I are stuck.
                            That may be...but I can't get Time/Warner/trash to run a line one mile from the end of the road....they say because the power companies poles are old, and they want no more lines on them Twisting the arm of Alltel is the next choice...if it works....great...if it doesn't...then I will suffer with dial-up a bit longer...

Comment

Nothin but love, baby. Sorry En4rcment! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X