Where does the Rank come from?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the Rank come from?

No I don't mean people on TG stink. I've noticed on different posts in the forum that people have a military rank under their name. Does the rank mean anything in relation to the TG community? Where does it come from? Just curious.

[volun]

Re: Where does the Rank come from?

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
    No I don't mean people on TG stink. I've noticed on different posts in the forum that people have a military rank under their name. Does the rank mean anything in relation to the TG community? Where does it come from? Just curious.
    I believe it's from the number of posts you have. The more you post, the higher your rank will be.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

:icon7: Hello...and welcome to TG!!!

The ranks that you see under our names are just a little forum gimmick related to number of posts.

Whenever you reach a certain level of posts, your rank changes. This rank is just for fun and does not endow the member with any additional rights. So have fun in the forums and post in the threads you are interested about. Over time your rank will change...

and...um...

Some of us, ***cough*** Dudeman ***cough***, do stink....

:icon_lol:

Comment

Heh.. Rank is indeed determined by post count. The other feature you'll see is the little dogtags. Dogtags represent those that are actual subscription TG members. Those that help to support our community.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I notice several members without DOG TAGS. No names but you know who you are... :icon_bigg

Comment

I am in no way a First Lieutenant! You can ask my squad members about my leadership skills. They're more on the level of General. :D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
              I notice several members without DOG TAGS. No names but you know who you are... :icon_bigg
              Some people have their dog tags turned off. Others just aren't subscribed members! :-)

If you go into your User Control Panel and look at your group memberships you can select which group you want as your primary. Having anything other than "Supporting Member" checked will result in your dogtags not being displayed.

There is no advantage to having any other group selected and no change in your access rights will occur by changing it even if you are a forum moderator or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
                Why do you have 2 sets? You prone to losing your tags? :icon_razz
                I'm a SuperAdmin! Total and Lt_Bob should have 2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
                  yeah i know i dont have any tags does anyone know why?
                  Out numbered,always,outclassed never!

Comment

You must identify yourself as a SUPPORTING MEMBER in the group membership section of the user CP. :icon12:

Comment

I know I dont have tags.

Why? ADDICTED thats why!

Needed break and unsuscribed. Its like smoking if you wanna quit you need help
                      :icon_cool. Thats how Im keeping myself away from TG GhostRecon servers.

Well honestly.
                      :icon16:

But now Im going to get my tags back.
                      Just 3 more weeks.
                      ... IGNORANCE IS BLISS

Comment

I HAVE TAGS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! wOOt

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
                          I HAVE TAGS NOW!!!!!!!!!!! wOOt
                          Right on!
                          Those dogtags have just changed the online store where I will buy memory from now on!
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Right on!
                            Those dogtags have just changed the online store where I will buy memory from now on!

ditto..... and I can get on a kick and buy 10 gigs at a shot sometimes........ I love spending other peoples money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its like christmas without the bills..................

btw...... if you use html tags on your sig, you can just link ppl to the site..... some of us are lazyand would rather click it........... :icon3:
                            Last edited by =DdogG=; 04-19-2004, 11:56 PM.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X