Kids of TG.. Attention Parents!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids of TG.. Attention Parents!

As a parent, I am always looking for ways to educate and provide fun activities for my son. Talin and I were talking the other day about pen pals, and came up with a great idea.

Let's get the kids of TG members communicating with eachother! We are all spread out across the States (and some even further away) which gives us as parents a unique opportunity to teach our children about the world around them by talking to other kids just like them. Maybe we can pair up kids of the same age group to have as penpals, or even have little clusters of kids who all write to eachother.

To begin something like this, we need to know how many kids are out there, and their ages.

My son Talin is 7 years old, addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh & his Gameboy Advance, loves skateboarding and hockey, and is constantly asking if he can play Ghost Recon (to which he is given the same reply every time- absolutely not!).

Who are your children? How can we as parents entertain and educate them?
    Last edited by luna; 04-21-2004, 06:52 PM.

Re: Kids of TG.. Attention Parents!

That's a great Idea Luna :) - All I need now is a Kid lol.

Good luck, I hope it takes off.
    Jex.

Comment

hmmm.... interesting idea...

I got a 7yo daughter who can read now....barbies, britney spears, and horses... lots of horses...

I let her jump on disney.com or nickjr every once in a while....

hmmm

Comment

It's a great idea! It will be a couple years however for my 17 month old Nolan aka "squidlet".
        New to TG?

Comment

I have a 15 Y/O son and 12 Y/O daughter. They are both grounded from thier computer unless its homework. :D

Comment

What grade, Beans?

And what ever did they do, Paradox? :)

Comment

I have a 5yo daughter and a 2 yo son...... the daughter is into barbie, britney, bratz, and drawing...... she is just learning how to write, but does it nonstop...... I think she will be reading before school starts.

my son is into torturing the dog and his sister.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Mini Mot is almost 4 and is learning his way around with a mouse. He loves Pocket Tanks and Cabelas Big Game Hunter - Open Season cept when the bears charge after being wounded..then he hides his head in daddys shoulder and lets me shoot him ! (we all know what a great shot I am :icon_razz ) and he loves Spirit of Cimeron.

The closest he's gotten to GR is me letting him empty clip after clip into the ground or nearby tree while I'm modding :)

He's also a big horse lover..what is it with kids and horses anyway??

Now...if I could use the excuse for HIM NEEDING CABLE INTERNET we'd be in bizness! :icon_razz

Interesting Idea.

He all ready likes to say hi to the guys (sorry luna :) )inside the computer...which he thinks they are literally IN the computer!!

hehe

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
                  What grade, Beans?

And what ever did they do, Paradox? :)

She's in first, but she's too damn smart already.....

And like Para's offspring, mine are often grounded. :)

4YO son is not as grounded, but he's workin on it...

So what were ya thinkin luna? toss all the midgets on TS? start their own protected forum? ;)

Comment

Tiny TG or TG orphanes.......

It might be cool to let the kids get a forum that is very closely monitored..... We want to be a community, well in communities, kids play together. are there multiplayer games out there for a 5-10 yr old? u.g.o, pokemon, powerrangers, i dunno, never researched online kids gaming........ That might be cool.......
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Not a bad idea, Ddogg!

Beans, I was thinking that maybe we could get the penpal thing going- a simple letter started talking about who they are, what they like and what their state is like.

I'm liking the forum ideas, though!

Comment

Natasha is almost 14, Courtney is 12, and Tiffany will be 10. Let me know and I'll see if they want to do something like a forum or emails....

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
                          I have a 15 Y/O son and 12 Y/O daughter. They are both grounded from thier computer unless its homework. :D
                          Originally posted by =Luna=
                          And what ever did they do, Paradox?

Luna, question should be "What haven't they done!" :icon16:

Also, I have a 3 yr old (almost 4). Jessica, she is into everything. Loves to play on computer (when I let her). She likes cartoons, cats, and LOVES being a PAIN when I am trying to play online :icon_lol:
                          Last edited by MadDog; 04-21-2004, 07:03 PM.

Comment

As of right this second, there is no www.tacticalgamerkids.com. :)

I have two kids, 4.5 and 0.9. The older one is just starting to get into gaming... the nickjr website gets a lot of play in my house. :)
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                              As of right this second, there is no www.tacticalgamerkids.com. :)

I have two kids, 4.5 and 0.9. The older one is just starting to get into gaming... the nickjr website gets a lot of play in my house. :)

lol.. that would ROCK

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X