Realistic WWII - RTS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic WWII - RTS?

I was just curious if anyone knew of any Realistic World War II - Reat Time Strategy - games?

Games unlike Empire Earth an Axis and Allies where it takes 5 machine gunmen shotting 3/4 times each to kill a single unit...

I had a demo of one game, I wish I remember the name of it, but it was one of the most realistic RTS ones i've ever seen. One machine gun next could take out a whole squad if you wern't tactical. Weapon damage varied, sometimes a rifle shot may kill a guy in 1 hit, sometimes 2. A tank was something to be feared by any squad without proper weapons and deployment. Heck, you could even stick a sniper inside buildings to pick off troops.

Anywho... Anyone know of anything like that? Thanks in advance, Fannon.
    ~Bar Extraordinaire~
    ~Hero of Brunville~

The plain and simple truth is things are rarely plain and never simple.

Re: Realistic WWII - RTS?

Umm, you mean like Company of Heroes? We have a forum group for it here at TG.

Comment

Company of Hero's is RTS? I thought it was FPS.
      ~Bar Extraordinaire~
      ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

Not at all. It's RTS. Take a look at some screenshots:

Comment

Well that's interesting. I too bad the advertisements on tv don't show a lick of it being RTS. (Sighs at the bad advertisments now days.) How realistic is the weapon damage?
          ~Bar Extraordinaire~
          ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

Its an awesome game. Really well done and great battles, to bad i suck and cant beat the easy CPU
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I would recommend it. Although I am getting bored of it. But thats just me.

"For Some They Had Family Waiting For Them. For Others, The Only Family They Had Were The Men They Bled Beside. There Were No Bands, No Flags, No Honor Guards To Welcome Them Home. They Went To War Because Their Country Ordered Them To. But In The End They Didn't Fight For Their Country Or Their Flag, They Fought For Each Other."

- Joe Galloway
              "We Were Soldiers Once,... And Young"

Comment

Wait whoa, Company of Heroes is realistic in the same way that Saving Private Ryan was realistic. It's actually a lot worse. You have engineers magically using wrenches to repair tanks and stuff like that.

If you want realism, it's tough, because most of the really realistic ones are turn based or at least pausable. The Close Combat series isn't 100% realistic but it's pretty good considering its age. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord is turn based, but the action plays out in real time, so it's kind of the same.
                Last edited by TychoCelchuuu; 11-11-2006, 11:56 PM. Reason: I put an I in front of an A when the A should have been in front of the I

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                  Its an awesome game. Really well done and great battles, to bad i suck and cant beat the easy CPU
                  Heheh... Even I have advanced to the point where I can beat the CPU with both hands tied behind my back. I did lose the other day when I attempted to beat the CPU with only engineers and snipers, but that was a harsh handicap.

As for realism, CoH wouldn't make you happy. It is VERY cool, with snipers and MG's in building windows and mortars and paratroopers and stuff, but it isn't realistic.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

If you want realistic, you have to lean towards Combat Mission and the ilk. Take a look in the Strategy Games forum here at TG. But truthfully, if you are talking about games with base building and resource management, that just isnt realistic at all.
                    -33rd- BaneII
                    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I just wish I could remember the name of the demo I had tried. You got a set unit for each mission. Sometimes reinforcements could be called in, sometimes not, but there was no spawning new units or anything like that. Bullets had realistic damages, sometomes 1 shot could kill a soilder, sometimes it took 2 and Maybe even 3. A Machinegun nest could mow down a whole squad of 8 in a matter of 8-10 seconds if you didn't run and take cover. If a gernade landed at your feet, your dead.

Tanks could take out whole brigades of units if they didn't have any anti-armor weapons, cause bullets did nothin against an armored tank. Snipers could be a REAL pain if placed in the right area. Lets see what else, hmm Units could be put in the back of trucks for quicker transportation, buildings are affected by explosions as well as the terrian.

It was over-all just a splendid game, I curse myself for forgetting what it was called.
                      ~Bar Extraordinaire~
                      ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

There is a demo for CoH, can't hurt to give it a try. The demo missions kinda play out like you are talking where you don't create new units and eventually you do get reinforcements. It might be what you played. There are also some YouTube vids of it.
                        flux
                        [tg-c1]

Comment

Nah, I played this over a year ago, unless CoH had a demo then. And downloading demos doesn't work for me anymore... i'm on dailup now :(
                          ~Bar Extraordinaire~
                          ~Hero of Brunville~

Comment

there is the blitzkrieg series and the suddenstrike series both are from CDV. Played the original Suddenstrike. You had a set number of troops and depending on the level would get reinforced. Tactics resorted to mass movement of troops and armor to overrun a position rather than tactical advances.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X