opinions on the new ZUNE...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on the new ZUNE...

Just wondering if anyone picked up the just released ZUNE media player from Microsoft today, and if so...how is it it, especially compared to the iPod Video, which it's suppose to compete against... also, what kind of choices is Microsoft giving for downloads, like the iTunes program... shows? movies? music...ect ect

thx for any feedback.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: opinions on the new ZUNE...

I'm interested. Just got my wife the 5.5 Ipod video for her birthday and was reconsidering based on zune reviews.

Comment

From what I read on it ima pick one up when i get the cash... If your having problems deciding on it or the iPod video, wait till someone reviews them side by side... All i can say is its got a bigger screen and more playable formats AND a FM tuner, thats why i've decided on picking one of them up instead of the iPod Video.
      Oyee

Comment

I've got an iPod video... going to give it to my kid for x-mas, (hey she won't know it's used, lol.)

I'm just wondering if I want to get ME the latest iPod video or try the Zune...but I have a while to decide. ;)
        Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
          I've got an iPod video... going to give it to my kid for x-mas, (hey she won't know it's used, lol.)

I'm just wondering if I want to get ME the latest iPod video or try the Zune...but I have a while to decide. ;)
          If you've got a while to wait, wait for a few good reviews before you make a decision.
          Oyee

Comment

I did buy the FM unit for the IPOD for another $50 bucks so in that regard the ipod is alot more expensive. I would need pretty good reviews since my wife will think alot more highly of having an "ipod" vs some unknown player.

I was also considering the pocketdish (we have dish and the 622 dvr), but that $300 archos unit doesn't convert HD programs yet and that is mostly what we record.

Comment

What about the music downloading/sharing option they put in the Zune? They say you can instantly transfer music from your friend's Zune to yours and share entire libraries. That seems to be just the opposite of what the iPod was trying to do, but M$ is such a copy-protection company that I don't know what to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                What about the music downloading/sharing option they put in the Zune? They say you can instantly transfer music from your friend's Zune to yours and share entire libraries. That seems to be just the opposite of what the iPod was trying to do, but M$ is such a copy-protection company that I don't know what to believe.
                For a regular Zune subscriber you can transfer VIA WIFI an unlimited amount of music, but the person who receives the music is only allowed 3 days/3 plays which ever comes first. If your a premium user then it doesn't matter you've already paid for them. They're also saying that new features will be added to the WIFI abilities like getting Microsoft Points for sharing music, and translating those points for downloads in the Zune Store.
                Oyee

Comment

I saw this today and it made me laugh. Looks like a nightmare.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    I saw this today and it made me laugh. Looks like a nightmare.
                    That is quite the turn off isn't it...
                    Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...