Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Starcraft! (and 3-D Starcraft!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Night Starcraft! (and 3-D Starcraft!)

You may or may not know that TG meets every Friday night in our IRC channel and on Teamspeak for some yummy Starcraft goodness. If you didn't know, consider this your official invitation to join us.

I also wanted to make sure everyone knows about Project Revolution: http://www.wc3campaigns.net/revolution/faq.php

This is a complete mod to Warcraft III that recreates Starcraft in a 3-D environment. The screenshots look great.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Friday Night Starcraft! (and 3-D Starcraft!)

I have WC3, but I don't really think FNSC is about the graphics so much as the old TGNS crew getting together in another venue just to BS and have some "nostalgia fun." But I wouldn't mind giving that total conversion a shot if everyone who's there has WC3.

Just and FYI, a few of us (mostly me) aren't doing this for the VS concept. We mostly prefer maps that let us work together. But, as SC only allowed 8 people max, if there's more Al's battle.net server can host multiple games.

So, yea: stop on by IRC or the Teamspeak Half-life channel on friday's and we'll have some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
      I have WC3, but I don't really think FNSC is about the graphics so much as the old TGNS crew getting together in another venue just to BS and have some "nostalgia fun." But I wouldn't mind giving that total conversion a shot if everyone who's there has WC3.
      Yeah, I just mentioned the WC3 mod because it looked cool and I didn't want to start a separate thread...

I sure wouldn't mind seeing enough people join so that we can beat that Turret Defense map on hard...
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Can't stress enough how little (I do have some, I suppose) interest I have in competitive play here. Just looking to get together to relax and enjoy cooperative play, mostly.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I would love to join you guys for SC, alas fridays are work nights for me, until I get a new job that is. I haven't kept up on Project Revolution for a long time, since before it was even released, I'll have to take another look.

As for Turret Defence, one of the best maps you can get, provided you don't get one of the crappy remakes (There were thousands of them last time I checked)

Some are outrageously fun to play, some are just stupid.

If one of you guys has a link to the version of Turret Defence you usually play, let me take a look at it.

I've always been a big fan of the Use Map Settings games, in Starcraft as well as WC3. Starcraft had both Kyprion Pact, which is where I swiped my alias from, and Smash TV I believe was alot of fun.

Then just about all I can remember from WC3 was the turret defences. There were alot of other fun maps, but I've lost track of them and TD stands out.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf View Post
            I haven't kept up on Project Revolution for a long time, since before it was even released, I'll have to take another look.
            As far as I could tell, it still hasn't been released...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              As far as I could tell, it still hasn't been released...
              I was at work and quickly taking a peek at the forums when I posted that, Diddn't look at the PR webpage.

Now that I have.... I don't know that anything interesting has happened since I last looked at this... and that was well near a year ago at least.
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf View Post
                I don't know that anything interesting has happened since I last looked at this... and that was well near a year ago at least.
                Dang... That's disheartening... I got all excited when I saw it. And they had an article in PC Gamer a few months back, too.
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Are we talking about regular starcraft or broodwars here fellas. I may be down for some good ol starcraft but don't have broodwars (although I can probably grab it from my cousin).

Also, good find on that mod, I would love to play it, although after the brief glance I took at the website it doesn't look like it will be finished anytime soon.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

We prefer Broodwars, I think, but I'd rather have your company over Broodwars, if I have to choose.
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                      We prefer Broodwars, I think, but I'd rather have your company over Broodwars, if I have to choose.
                      You DO know that was Polska you were talking to just then, right? :P
                      [volun2]
                      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Being a new father and all must be playing with his head Poker :D. I'll see what I can do about broodwars when i get home. I'll hop on TS later if I find my copies.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

You can find both for cheap. Although, I found my Battlechest at Best Buy a few years back for $9.99. Dig around and you'll find a good deal.

Comment

I totally didn't know about this. I have no plans this Friday, so I'm checking this out! I've been playing SC:BW on and off for a while now. It'd be great to hook up with some TGers for it!

Comment

Just to let you all know if you dont, all ready have a starcraft map for Warcraft 3. I can host one, it has all custom models and all the models go with the starcraft units.
                              Instead of calling someone a noob, you should take that same amount of time to help them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X