Richard Marcinko: Navy SEAL Legend Gets Own Video Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Marcinko: Navy SEAL Legend Gets Own Video Game

i just read about this in my latest issue of "games for windows" formerly computer gaming world.

the game is to be called "Rogue warrior" and it's been in development for 4 years i guess. it's looks pretty damn good from the screenshots they showed and it's going to be released on the pc, xbox 360, and ps3.

you'll be in charge of a 4 man squad of SEALs commanded by team leader demo dick himself.

it's running on the unreal 3 engine and they desribe it as a mix between splinter cell and rainbow six.

i guess you'll be able to switch between 1st and 3rd person views ala rainbow six and rogue spear.

and best of all dick marcinko is involved in making sure the games authentic and not just fluff.

it's publisher is bethesda softworks and it's developer is zombie studios.

the release date is listed as fall 2007.

definitly a game to keep an eye on.

well i just thought i'd let you all know.

and p.s. here's some links to screenshots, etc.

http://www.bethsoft.com/games/games_roguewarrior.html

http://www.zombie.com/rogue.htm

enjoy

KG

Re: Richard Marcinko: Navy SEAL Legend Gets Own Video Game

i just found a bunch of screenshots of this game. feel free to check them out.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/ro...reenindex.html

KG out

Comment

Originally posted by k1ng_g30rg3 View Post
      and best of all dick marcinko is involved in making sure the games authentic and not just fluff.
      Too bad he couldn't accomplish that with his novels... :icon19:
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
        They don't teach you to write in the Navy, though. They DO teach you to make video games.

Right? That's what the commercials make it look like.

Comment

I posted a short preview regarding this game in the console section a few days ago...

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/xbox-xb...e-warrior.html

Comment

I read The Rouge Warrior.

Do you have intell on things that are untrue in the text?
            (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
            (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
            (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
            Squad Leader pledge to their team:
            Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

I think Cingular's talking about the series of books this game is based on, which are about a group of Navy SEALS in North Korea when war breaks out who single handedly fight through the country to reach South Korea or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
                I think Cingular's talking about the series of books this game is based on, which are about a group of Navy SEALS in North Korea when war breaks out who single handedly fight through the country to reach South Korea or something like that.

There was a book out several years ago called "The Five Fingers" that ran along these lines but it was in vietnam I think.

Back to the Rogue Warrior book..... damn good and damn accurate as far as I could figure. Several years in the military (still in) makes it easy to pick out things that are bull poop in literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Backlash-7 View Post
                  Back to the Rogue Warrior book..... damn good and damn accurate as far as I could figure. Several years in the military (still in) makes it easy to pick out things that are bull poop in literature.
                  Marcinko is a joke. Literally. I've met more than a few SEALs that literally laughed about him when I asked them what they thought of him. I couldn't tell you anything specific ('cause I don't know...), but the fact that he was a SEAL let's him write stuff that sounds REALLY good. He's an excellent fiction writer that has learned how to push people's buttons. My kinda guy, too. I'd buy him a beer if I ever met him. That doesn't mean that I believe everything that he writes...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

So you've read his novels?

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    I can't stand Clancy's writing... I've tried over and over but simply can't choke his books down. I've read Hunt for Red October all the way and it was just painful... I don't know why I don't like it, but I just don't...
                    I had to dig up this old Sandbox quote from you. Clear and Present Danger was an amazing book for military SF fans. I felt like I was there for every training/mission/firefight. Also, I read the beginning of Marcinko's book, Rogue Warrior HERE. I am definitely interested in reading more.

I guess I'm curious as about what authors/books in the military/spec ops realm you find to be worthy...

-

Comment

I read Marcinko's first two. They're good, easy reads. Very entertaining and you will gain some great insight into the world of SEALs. Just remember that you're reading a novel.

I just don't like Clancy's writing style. I know he's a great author.

I really like WEB Griffin. I've enjoyed a few Leon Uris novels. I like Dale Brown (can't wait for Edge of Battle to come out in paperback!). I'm not too terribly fond of military novels, particularly, though...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I really enjoyed the W.E.B. Griffin series on both the Army (The Brotherhood of War series of 9 books) and the Marines (the Corps series of 10 books). For a bit more derring-do, the 5 books in the Men at War series deals with the WWII era OSS.
                        Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X