X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email addresses check this out

Ok, i use this website to find out where "Spam" email comes from

http://www.easywhois.com/

Now, if anyone uses it how the heck do you get off someones account besides using filtering? all of a sudden I got spam emails with thunderbird and I have the stuff sent to my junk mail box but it still is a pain

any suggestions about what to do when you know the address of the originator of the email?

Re: Email addresses check this out

Not much you can do really, it's mostly done by spam bots. Ie. Compromised Windows machines sending out mass spam. there is no central place you can block.
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

thanks lorian, i never get hit with my thunderbird but somehow the other day it happened, i guess the only thing to do is change email addresses

Comment

Never click any links, or load any images in spam. If you do you will be bombarded with it.

I find Gmail's spam filter very good, not much get past the spam filter and into my inbox. I currently have over 1200 spam messages in my spam box.
        |TG| Lorian
        Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

My ISP uses Hotmail and it catches all this crap. I just empty it out every so often and report. It continually gets less and less.

- -

Comment

I report all my spam to www.SpamCop.net

It helps.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The worst thing you can do is click Remove links in spam. That just verifies your address, which then gets passed around to even more spammers.

A lot of spam is sourced by Russian mobsters running botnets of thousands of compromised machines. Good luck doing anything proactive about those.

A good ISP will have SpamAssassin somewhere in its system to mark and score spam. It looks at lots of features of a message and assigns a spamminess score to each feature. You can then decide at what threshold to toss a message in the trashcan. The default scores are designed to put the threshold at 5. I outright reject all messages scoring more than 10 at my mail server, and anything between 5 and 10 goes in a probabably-spam folder, sorted by score.

http://spamassassin.org/
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X