Number of Players on Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Players on Server

Has anyone ever thought about putting a link on the site that shows either the number of players in a server and/or detailed information about who is on the server? Or is that in place already and I missed it? I remember seeing something like this with a MOHAA server I used to play on. Not sure how difficult it is but it might be useful information.

For example, I want to jump on the TG public BF1942 DC server but I'm not sure who all is there(if any). I have to either start Gamespy(which I can't in some cases) or start BF1942, find TG(in my favorites) and refresh to see the number of players. Wouldn't it be simpler in some cases to just go to the TG website and look there? Some may argue that you are already in BF1942 so if the server is empty you just play on another one. But me being the TG true blood that doesn't play on any other server, I say no. Sorry that was a little too far wasn't it? :) You all get the idea though. Any thoughts? Is it something that could be done without too much effort? Would it be beneficial to anyone else besides me?

[volun]

Re: Number of Players on Server

Server Status is a link on the homepage left menu. It doesn't seem to list BF1942 though. I personally use The All-Seeing Eye because it supports a lot of games.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer_McDermott
      Has anyone ever thought about putting a link on the site that shows either the number of players in a server and/or detailed information about who is on the server? Or is that in place already and I missed it? I remember seeing something like this with a MOHAA server I used to play on. Not sure how difficult it is but it might be useful information.

For example, I want to jump on the TG public BF1942 DC server but I'm not sure who all is there(if any). I have to either start Gamespy(which I can't in some cases) or start BF1942, find TG(in my favorites) and refresh to see the number of players. Wouldn't it be simpler in some cases to just go to the TG website and look there? Some may argue that you are already in BF1942 so if the server is empty you just play on another one. But me being the TG true blood that doesn't play on any other server, I say no. Sorry that was a little too far wasn't it? :) You all get the idea though. Any thoughts? Is it something that could be done without too much effort? Would it be beneficial to anyone else besides me?
      Our server status software (which I see needs it's templates fixed) does support Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam, there has been a problem since the last BF1942 patch though that causes the server status program to hang up after receiving garbage data that eventually causes the web server to crash. We've taken the BF1942 servers off the status page until a patch is made for either BF or our status program.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
        Server Status is a link on the homepage left menu. It doesn't seem to list BF1942 though. I personally use The All-Seeing Eye because it supports a lot of games.

I don't know how I missed that before. There it was, plain as day on the left side just like you said. It was probably the new site design that allowed me to see it today. :) No wonder my death stats are so high. I can't see. :) Thanks for the help.

[volun]

Comment

No wonder my death stats are so high. I can't see. :) Thanks for the help.
          No.. that would be my elite skills :P You should make your sig clickable Killer.. so I can see if you really play on different servers :)

Comment

I'm not sure if this is still working or not, but this was a workaround that Apophis got running a while back: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battles...serverinfo.php
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Fait_Maker
              No.. that would be my elite skills :P You should make your sig clickable Killer.. so I can see if you really play on different servers :)
              I would make it clickable but there is a strange force that prevents me from doing that. Not sure what it is. :)

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                I'm not sure if this is still working or not, but this was a workaround that Apophis got running a while back: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battles...serverinfo.php
                Well, I clicked on the link and it took me to a page that appears to show what I want. It shows that there isn't anyone playing at the moment. You would think we have jobs or something. :) Thanks for the link, I have bookmarked it to check out later.

[volun]

Comment

No.. that would be my elite skills :P
                  Is that what you called those last night Fait? :icon_razz
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

I would make it clickable but there is a strange force that prevents me from doing that. Not sure what it is. :)
                    I took the liberty and got the link for you... seeing that you "prevented"...
                    Killer's Stats

At least you put more time into our server :P

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                      I will get you....my pretty... you and your little stinger too... :icon21:

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                        :P Fait wasnt real happy with me shootin him out of the sky last night

ACU Web| | |

Comment

I took the liberty and got the link for you... seeing that you "prevented"...
                          Killer's Stats

At least you put more time into our server :P

Gee.....thanks for the "help" Fait. :p

So anyway to change the subject. Yes I have played more on TG servers. I'm sure those others listed are just old servers I used to play on before TG and the stats haven't cleared yet. ;) Like I said I only play on TG servers.

[volun]

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
                            :P Fait wasnt real happy with me shootin him out of the sky last night
                            You are on my list too... Don't fret.. I'll get you back after Asch... or was it Asch after you... DARN....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X