Interesting Google Ranking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Google Ranking

I found an interesting ranking for the TG site. It's for how to cook an oven baked chicken.

The Google servers I'm hitting show TG as being #4. I just found that somewhat amusing. :) Strange thing for us to rank well for in Google.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Interesting Google Ranking

Is it because of the spelling in the search?

how to coook oven baked chicken
    I dunno...pretty good stuff though. Making me hungry!

Comment

Well, I'm not an expert in Googelolegy, but maybe it's because coook isn't a word seen much elsewhere?

EDIT: Damn you, Faultline

Comment

lol.. Yeah, that would have something to do with it!

Comment

nice lol
          _Austin

Comment

Lol, pretty good, except for the typo ;). You should correct it and then see how well we rank.

I can see it now: TacticalCooking.com

Comment

Without looking, I'm going to guess that Trooper will be largely responsible for TG's high ranking in many misspelled google searches. :D
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Acid View Post
                Lol, pretty good, except for the typo ;). You should correct it and then see how well we rank.

I can see it now: TacticalCooking.com
                I did, we're no where close to 4. I guess we'll just have to hope for a lot of coooks visiting the site. :)

It did make me think of the tactical recipes database idea, which is still in my head and I'm still looking for a good solution for that. But we're no where close yet.

Comment

A TG Squad kicks down the door to a kitchen, throws in a smoke grenade, and when it all clears there is a beautiful fillet mignon and no sign that anyone was ever there...

...and then the fillet mignon explodes in a giant fireball that kills several bewildered rival cooks...
                  -Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                  We are not a single game.
                  We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                  We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I am proud to have posted in and ended that particular thread. And you'll have to thank Mateo for getting us that ranking :D
                    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

WoW, I just checked. Man my chicken recipe come right up in third. Did not know it was that good.:madsmile: :madsmile:

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Tactical Cooking? LOL
                        Slow is Smooth. Smooth is Fast!

Comment

why not, we've got "Tactical Drinking" :icon_lol:

Originally posted by JimmyTwoHand
                          About 40-45 seconds. Generally i can pop to the bog and grab a beer comfortably, even a cuba libre or moscow mule is no sweat. That gives me a minute or so of the commander countdown left.

A long island iced tea is doable if i let the toilet break go as is a margarita. Singapore slings are a little more complex. To complete one requires the use of the death spawner to sprint to the kitchen and line up bottles and squeeze some lemons and limes mid game. Load time is used to compile everything but even then it only gives a 5-10sec reserve in case of blender difficulties. I generally stay away from the more complex styles of cocktails while SLing.

If I do something ambitious like the above for multiple rounds i normally go for a smalller cocktail in a martini glass. At least that way i do not strain my bladder unduly until the next time i fancy something simple and can fit a toilet run into the same load. Tactical drinking i call it.

Comment

:row__577:

Probably due to this thread and everybody clicking it...it's at #3 for me now...

:icon19:

-

Comment

Concerning the tactical recipes database. I could get my well-versed wife to throw in some recipes. She is a ridiculous good cook and loves to do it as well. I totally scored when I married her. ;) If only I could turn her into a gamer, but then she probably wouldn't have time to cook.
                              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X