Micro RC helicopter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro RC helicopter

I finally bought myself a Pico Z helicopter. This thing is amazing and nearly indestructible. I have crashed it into walls and furniture many times with no damage at all. You just really don't want to fly this thing outside. I added a small amount of weight to the nose to keep it moving forward. The control is a little squirrelly on a newly charged battery but once the battery drops a bit it is a breeze to cruise around my office which is a small 8' by 12' space. One full charge of the battery is good for flying for around 5 minutes. The battery takes about 15 to 20 minutes to charge and it charges off of the transmitter. I will often cruise it around my office when I am waiting for a new map to load in BF2. The helicopter is available at Toys R us and Radio Shack. They are $29 at Toys R Us and $39 at radio shack. It is sold under 2 names; "Pico Z" and "Picoo Z". There was apparently a trademark problem with the name "Pico Z". Here is a great link with mods for the helicopter (including custom bodies, look at the Seaking, it's amazing): http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/

Here is a video someone took of the helicopter in flight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WwYR06y6hs&NR
    Retired 6th DB

Re: Micro RC helicopter

That thing is sweet! I sorta want one now..

Keep this thread away from Icsist... He'll probably want one now :)

Comment

I've had one for awhile now. Works remarkably well for how cheap it is.

Comment

actually im trying to find a little UH60 or something like that... I was field artillery for the 8 years i was in the army, and we use to air assault our 105's and humvees around... God i miss LZ's
        QUOTE : "Icsist has a little shameless behavior in the past"
        Nice remark guys.

Comment

Very cool. I love R/C anything. Yeah, I need one at work. Will be my Christmas gift to myself.
          |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
          "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
          - Check me out on The Onion
          - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by Icsist View Post
            actually im trying to find a little UH60 or something like that... I was field artillery for the 8 years i was in the army, and we use to air assault our 105's and humvees around... God i miss LZ's
            Funny you mentioned the UH60. I am thinking about getting another Pico Z and making a Blackhawk body for it. The problem of course is weight. The entire helicopter stock weighs around 9 grams.
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
              Funny you mentioned the UH60. I am thinking about getting another Pico Z and making a Blackhawk body for it. The problem of course is weight. The entire helicopter stock weighs around 9 grams.
              If you pull it off successfully let me know..
              Nice remark guys.

Comment

that guy in the video kind of looks like Coglin...

Coglins Law : Fly mini toys around the office, before you open that good bottle of scotch.
                Nice remark guys.

Comment

Thanks Wimp, just got back from lunch and of course bought one at Radio Shack. I'm thrilling people at my office!
                  |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                  - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Yeah mine is just too fun. I'm glad you're enjoying it!
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

[QUOTE=Wimpinator;604767] They are $29 at Toys R Us and $39 at radio shack. http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
                      Thanks Wimp, just got back from lunch and of course bought one at Radio Shack. I'm thrilling people at my office!
                      Im assuming you dont have a Toys R Us near you since they are $10 cheaper there.
                      Nice remark guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                        I finally bought myself a Pico Z helicopter. This thing is amazing and nearly indestructible. I have crashed it into walls and furniture many times with no damage at all. You just really don't want to fly this thing outside. I added a small amount of weight to the nose to keep it moving forward. The control is a little squirrelly on a newly charged battery but once the battery drops a bit it is a breeze to cruise around my office which is a small 8' by 12' space. One full charge of the battery is good for flying for around 5 minutes. The battery takes about 15 to 20 minutes to charge and it charges off of the transmitter. I will often cruise it around my office when I am waiting for a new map to load in BF2. The helicopter is available at Toys R us and Radio Shack. They are $29 at Toys R Us and $39 at radio shack. It is sold under 2 names; "Pico Z" and "Picoo Z". There was apparently a trademark problem with the name "Pico Z". Here is a great link with mods for the helicopter (including custom bodies, look at the Seaking, it's amazing): http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/

Here is a video someone took of the helicopter in flight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WwYR06y6hs&NR
                        What have you used as a weight for the nose? Paperclip with tape?
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I've heard a thumbtack works well. I used 2 of the aluminum strips out of the packaging. They are in the same bag as the extra rotor. I also used a very small screw. I tried a screw out of a computer case but it was too heavy. Also be careful that you don't hit the battery in the nose. It is about a 1/2" or so from the tip of the nose. It's a Li-Poly battery so if you puncture it it can catch fire.
                          Retired 6th DB

Comment

YES more boy toys...on my way to get one...LOL! Probably make my wife mad because it is something she "COULD HAVE" gotten me for Christmas.

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I getting one tomorrow for sure!

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed