Any "Doctor Who" Fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any "Doctor Who" Fans?

I was a big Doctor Who fan awhile back and just recently Net Flixed the new series starting with the ninth Doctor and have been catching the 10th Doctor on the Sci-Fi channel. I was impressed with the new Doctors as the show has kept the same spirit of the previous series. Plus, the Daleks can now get up the stairs!
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Any "Doctor Who" Fans?

i used to watch doctor who growing up on pbs channel 2 here in boston.

tom baker is my favorite doctor who and like you not to long ago i started renting doctor who episodes from netflix and copying them for my own collection.

doctor who was a tv show truely before it's time.

Comment

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I'll also have to agree that Baker was my favorite. These new seasons have been pretty interesting. It was cool being able to see K-9 again too.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Im a regular Dr Who watcher. I was a bit apprehensive when the newest Dr came on this season, I prefered the other, more homely one actually but now this one is growing on me. I really do prefer the old PBS ones though, that Dr was so quirky he was far more interesting.
        "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. sigpic

Comment

In high school, I was in the Dr. Who club. There were about 25 people in the club (school of 1200), pretty good, and one young woman I didn't know well walked around dressed as Tom Baker all the time.

Omega was my favorite nemesis, and John Pertwee (3rd) wasn't a bad doctor.

Come to think of it, I went to a Dr. Who convention in Philadelphia back in 1984 I think. I remember audience members asking very detailed questions about the time continuum or something, and the Doctor (think it was Baker) saying it's just a show and they made stuff up as they went along, i.e. there's no explanation, and the questioner is the only person who's ever looked for one. It was kind of funny, kind of sad too.
          Last edited by derdmeh; 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM. Reason: originally it said "a couple conventions" in 1984, there was only 1

Comment

I recently went through season 1 via Netflix. I'm waiting for season 2 to be available so I can resume. Man, I do love this show.

Wasn't ever a real *fan* of the original, but I saw enough episodes to have a good solid feel for it, so I was enthusiastic when I heard the new series was decent (I don't like to limit a show based on its production values, but the original series ' production was *so* distracting, it was a real challenge to get into the quality of the show). I'm really glad they developed the new show the way they have. Good stuff!

Comment

I never ever watched the old Dr. Who for some reason...even though I am a big Sci-Fi fan as soon as I saw Dr. Who on I quickly changed the channel. But this new version I am hooked on.

I liked the First Dr. as Panz said more homely and pretty funny and was also apprehensive on how this new guy would do but he seems to be fitting the Doctor Well...

Still have the second half of the Doctor facing the Devil episode on the DVR to watch....

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I'm a big fan from way back. Watched a episode last night on the Sci-Fi channel.
                [TG] Rideau

Comment

Being in the UK I've already seen the new Dr who series... I've never been a "massive" fan of the Dr, but the new series ain't bad. I've always considered Christopher Eccleston as a decent actor so when I heard he was playing the Dr I had to take a look and I thought he done great, so I was kind of apprehensive when I heard he was ending his role as the Dr so soon and was to be replaced by David Tennant, although I must admit I think he fits the role aswell, but in a different kind of way.
                  When I first heard Billie Piper was going to play Rose I shuddered to say the least, but she pulled it off ok...
                  Oh btw, Torchwood ain't too bad either (Eve Myles, very nice :icon_cool ).

I wonder if you guys in the states will be getting to see "The runaway bride" Dr Who Christmas special over the festive season?
                  It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                  - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Torchwood - Rocks

Watched the 9th episode last night.

Doctor Who - I like the newest doctor and the episodes were a bit more gritty in places.
                    Take it for the team

Comment

I sort of grew up with Doctor Who on PBS in the 70's. Tom Baker is my favorite incarnation.

I haven't been keeping up with the new series like I should but what I've seen does seem to be doing justice to the tradition. At some point I'll try and get around to renting them and giving them a proper watching.

I met John Nathan Turner (the shows longest acting producer) and Nicola Bryant (played Perry) at my local PBS station ages ago during a Dr. Who promo/fundraising tour of US PBS stations. Nicola Bryant was MUCH prettier in person. :row__631:

Ugh! I'm a geek! :o
                      --
                      Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Oh, man forgot about these. I was in my local comic book shop and was looking thru the "D" section and came across the Doctor Who comics by Marvel. I read those all the time. How about the pocket sized novels based on the episodes. Read those too.
                        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                        - Check me out on The Onion
                        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

I guess I'm the only one that thinks everything after Sylvester McCoy just utterly blows goats.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

OK, FatKidDeath, this is on YOUR head!

I just finished watching episode 82, Pyramids of Mars, w/Tom Baker. Fascinating return to a show I haven't seen in a loooooooong time, had to laugh out loud the first time they played the "OMG, the episode's over and Sarah's about to be strangled by a Space Mummy!" theme music. Brilliant.

Highlight of the episode - Sutekh, the most powerful being in the universe, against whom no living thing could stand, not even the Time Lords, manifests himself in the flesh:

wonderful. The nerd has manifest himself in the flesh. [but I guess y'all didn't want to know that :)]

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ic1WURj2C8[/media]

oh my GOD!! I haven't heard this music since I was in 2nd grade. *shudder* still gives me the willies.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X