Important Notice for ALL Tactical Blog Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Notice for ALL Tactical Blog Users

For those of you who currently have accounts over on the TacticalBlog.com site, I'm sure you realize that the level of comment spam has been growing. I have installed a couple new plugins that will allow you to better fight this type of comment spam.

With that said, we are running a rather old version of the WordPress MU software. We badly need to upgrade but every upgrade attempt I have made ends quite badly. In order to do this upgrade I would need to completely wipe all accounts and blogs off the site and start over.

So, for those of you currently using the site, what is your call? Do we start over? Or just leave things as-is for now?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Important Notice for ALL Tactical Blog Users

Please go ahead and start it over. The comment spam in my inbox is overwhelming, and I'd rather save what I already have and start anew than deal with that spam.
    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Yeah, the spam sucks my will to live too. :(
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I'm good with starting over.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse