another Home Entertainment Q.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another Home Entertainment Q.

Just a follow up question for what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago, mostly for those in the know...

If you have an amp (I'm thinking of upgrading to the Yamaha 1700), with 2 HDMI inputs, and 1 output... can you put both the cable box (HDMI), and the DVD player (HDMI), along with the Xbox 360's HiDef component connection all to the Amp, then the one output into the TV... all those signals will go through and out to the TV correct?

Also, if I have my 360 connected to the Amp (again via HiDef component), and also the input of my DVD player (which is a DVD recorder), would I be able to also record gameplay video from the 360 to the DVD recorder?

Thx for any info.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: another Home Entertainment Q.

I'm not up to speed on the latest connections and such, but you're going to want to put your Amp in between your Receiver and Speakers. Let your Receiver route all of the signals to where they need to go!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ya of course the sound goes from the amp to the speakers, but I was wondering about the video signal which HDMI carries... would a signal from the xbox and out to the TV be able to be routed through the DVD recorder to record the footage... I guess the question would be... how do all these web sites like GameSpot record Xbox 360 footage for there video reviews?
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
        Ya of course the sound goes from the amp to the speakers, but I was wondering about the video signal which HDMI carries... would a signal from the xbox and out to the TV be able to be routed through the DVD recorder to record the footage... I guess the question would be... how do all these web sites like GameSpot record Xbox 360 footage for there video reviews?
        Wouldn't your receiver do that? The signal wouldn't need to be amplified, since it's not going to the speakers, but straight to the recorder.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Magnum...I think you are on target with the vid input and output idea--but mine is an educated guess. I have a surround sound receiver but it's not vid capable. I did a bunch of research when I bought it but I didn't have the tv I have now when I bought it. If you have a model in mind already I suggest contacting the manufacturer directly.

EDIT...after posting I went to Crutchfield dot com. They list much information in their spec sheets and I find them invaluable for that alone...After reading their page on this product I think you hit the nail on the head about mulitple vids in and one vid out. click here to see the page

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-UPikhCW...0&i=022RXV1700

nice choice by the way...
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
            Just a follow up question for what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago, mostly for those in the know...

If you have an amp (I'm thinking of upgrading to the Yamaha 1700), with 2 HDMI inputs, and 1 output... can you put both the cable box (HDMI), and the DVD player (HDMI), along with the Xbox 360's HiDef component connection all to the Amp, then the one output into the TV... all those signals will go through and out to the TV correct?

Also, if I have my 360 connected to the Amp (again via HiDef component), and also the input of my DVD player (which is a DVD recorder), would I be able to also record gameplay video from the 360 to the DVD recorder?

Thx for any info.
            I think I understand your question.. the first one anyway, and that would be Yes, as long as the Amp recognizes all three as seperate source inputs (video 1, 2, 3). Mine for example has two Video 2 inputs for example, one is Component and the other is HDMI. Plugging something in HDMI (video 2) over rides anything that is plugged into Component (video 2).

You should be able to record from the 360 I would imagine.

Edit - Just saw Grunts edit. And yeah.. that is nice.
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, I see, we were actually discussing a receiver and not just an amplifier... Sorry...

And I'm an Onkyo fanboi. Yamaha is a fine company, too, though. Just stay away from the cheap stuff.

Have you seen this one: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fxGuaWv...0&I=580TXS804B
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Ya, I almost bought the 1600 model for 700 bucks, then luckily I learned just in time that only the model 1700 or higher sends a 1080p signal, 1600 and below only send up a 760p, so got the 1700 for 1200 bucks, can't hook it up till after X-mas thou, dang it.

Thx for the feedback all.
                Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                  fanboi.
                  I can't believe I actually typed that word. I've been spending WAY too much time on Wii/PS3 sites lately...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X