X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2 WW2 mod.....

Check out these in game pics.......

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/media
    "If the sword is always sheathed, it will become rusty, the blade will dull, and people will think as much of its owner." —Yamamoto Tsunetomo, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

I prefer a challenge and teamwork rather than a stat loading server without sound tactical ideals.

Re: HL2 WW2 mod.....

Looks awesome...i love WWII games and HL mods. So this is the best of both worlds. Hopefully we will support it:)
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Yeah it looks pretty sweet, basically Red Orchestra on the West Front instead (and on Source of course). I can't wait to see what these guys come up with.

Comment

When is it due?
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
          When is it due?
          When it's done.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
            When it's done.
            I hate it when people say that.

Mod looks cool though, will have to check it out when it's available.:row__593:
            -

Comment

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
              I hate it when people say that.

Mod looks cool though, will have to check it out when it's available.:row__593:
              Well hey, it's the only answer aside from giving an actual date, which is a bad idea for mods unless they're already done with the mod once they decide on a date. Anything else and you're just asking for delays.

Comment

Looks fun, but is anyone else tired of the WW2 games coming out? Why can't they focus on a different war, like Vietnam?

Comment

Well hey, it's the only answer aside from giving an actual date, which is a bad idea for mods unless they're already done with the mod once they decide on a date. Anything else and you're just asking for delays.
                  There's nothing wrong with rough dates and delays. Saying "when it's done" is just a cop out.

Looking forward to checking out this mod. I've been hoping for a good HL2 mod.
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Guys, this mod is looking like it's way up TG's alley. Some of the ideas in gameplay that they want to implement are pretty cool to say the least. Plus MikeH(wedge) is my cousin and I get a lot of juicy details.
                    USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
                      Guys, this mod is looking like it's way up TG's alley. Some of the ideas in gameplay that they want to implement are pretty cool to say the least. Plus MikeH(wedge) is my cousin and I get a lot of juicy details.
                      It's quite similar to RO; with the exception of the setting (duh) and the increased accuracy/etc around teammates, the whole iron sight/WW2 era weapons/high damage/suppressing fire/no HUD stuff is more or less the same. Considering Red Orchestra's chilly reception at TG I'd kind of predict the same thing with R&L.

Comment

Have they changed the way the bullets work? My biggest gripe and a game killer for me is the spray and pray gamplay by HL2 with the hugely inaccurate rubber bullets implemented.

Comment

Considering Red Orchestra's chilly reception at TG I'd kind of predict the same thing with R&L.
                          You mean, of course, RO's chilly reception with game players around the world, right?

TG hosts game servers, and people come to play the games. If people don't come, then TG stops hosting servers for those games. It really is that simple, and I am very tired of hearing people suggest that TG didn't support RO.

If the R&L mod is good and attracts lots of fans, TG will surely host a good server for it.
                          Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Well I dunno about RO's reception worldwide, I've found plenty of servers that are populated 24/7 if that's what you mean. I was just referring to us Tactical Gamers in general, not your average Joe who wanders in to the Tactical Gamer RO server (or in this case doesn't).

And Shiner, bullets in R&L will be nothing like those in HL2. Just like Counterstrike: Source, Eternal Silence, The Hidden, Empires, and Day of Defeat have completely different guns even though they're in the same engine, R&L will have realistic ballistics. Don't worry about the crazy spread of the submachine gun or anything like that.

Comment

Sweet, new update on their website. Here's a taste:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X