• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontlines: Fuel of War

From the people who brought you DC

Sounds a lot like a rival to BF2142

Video on their website looks great

• Rough Storyline: In a desperate, near future setting where controlling the planet's depleting fossil resources determines the ultimate fate of civilization. A global war for oil is being waged between two superpowers, the Western Coalition (US/EU) and the Red Star Alliance (Russia/China), and players will be instrumental in determining how the war is waged -- and won.
    • Development for PC, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 on Unreal 3 Engine
    • Urban Warfare.
    • Set in the Near-Future.
    • Non-linear gameplay - You get to choose your own path to victory.
    • Squad based teamplay (Optional).
    • Tactical Nuclear Missiles.
    • Players will be offered around 60 weapons and vehicles.
    • Vehicles ranging from Assault Tanks to experimental RC Drones along with Jets, Helicopters, Off-Road Vehicles.
    • Strong focus on Co-Operative and Multiplayer modes.
    • Will support Widescreen Monitors.
    • Role-based classes/features.
    • Ability to call in Air Strikes.
    • Destructible Environment
    • Aiming for 32+ Players.
    • Delayed Sounds. Example: You are standing 100 meters away from a bomb being exploded instead of hearing the sound on instant explosion, you'll receive it after certain amount of seconds.
    • Will contain a Single Player campaign. - The single player campaign will focus on this powerful storyline as players' execute missions focused on non-linear gameplay, moving their frontline through enemy held territory.
    • Maps will be a range of mountain side villages, large open badlands, underground facilities, sea ports, etc.
    • Maps will range from infantry experiences to large scale land and air battles.
    • Release Date: Fall 2007

Re: Frontlines: Fuel of War

Hah, Red Star Alliance. Next I bet America teams up with France and Cuba because our flags are all red, white, and blue.

But yeah it looks pretty. "Tactical nuclear missiles" sounds more like an "I win" button, but if they get the destructable environment and the huge amount of weapons/vehicles/gadgets in the game and they don't suck, it will be a real contender for the Quake Wars crowd.

Is R6:Vegas on the UE3.0 engine that requires PS3.0? If so, I really have to upgrade my PC sooner than I wanted...
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

This out Jan 2008, any body else but me keeping an eye on it ?
        Beta is available for fileplanet subscribers NOW !

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed