Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG... 1080P...sweet...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OMG... 1080P...sweet...

    WOW... just got my new HDTV (Samsung 50in DLP, 1080P) delivered... my old Samsung was a 48 inch DLP, but only maxed at 760P, so as any addicted tech guy, I upgraded...

    Let me tell you...SWEET... the HD cable, the Xbox 360 games only go up to 1080i, but the TV upconverts to 1080P...and again WOW... the future is good... played R6: Vegas, GoW, and NFS Carbon with my new Shelby Mustang on the 360...incredible...wish I could share screenshots or videos with you...working on that. lol

    Was going to wait till march (birthday) for a Blue Ray, but I just may not be able to. ;)

    Now My TV has a computer DVI input...I may attempt it later, but so I understand that the computer will display at the 1080 resolution right?
    Magnum |TG-18th|


    We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.


  • #2
    Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

    I would hold off on the Bluray as I firmly believe it's the betamax of the next generation. HD-DVD is going to be the future.

    The computer can do whatever resolution your video card/tv support. Most likely it can do the 1080i (perhaps p).

    Congrats on your new TV, sounds awesome. I have a 40" Samsung LCD 1080i and I love it.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

      I have owned a 42" Mitsubishi 1080i wide screen projection for around 4 years now. I just upgraded to the HD service via my cable company and it is awesome. How on earth did I watch the old grainy sets before?
      Retired 6th DB

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

        according to all my contacts, including insiders..they all say blu ray will win. will see. lol
        Magnum |TG-18th|


        We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

          Are you telling me you didn't use HD cable service with your 1080i set? That's ridiculous. I have the HD cable service with the HDMI cable and the picture is completely awe-inspiring. I never watch anything not broadcast in HD. That said, I've been to the stores and have seen 1080i vs 1080p and the difference isn't enough for me to crap my pants over. So I'm guessing you really did only watch an analog signal on your old television.

          As far as BR vs HD-DVD, I was just voicing an opinion. You very well may be right that Bluray will win the format war. Perhaps they'll both be successful and we'll see dual format players? As of now, I'm perfectly happy watching upconverted DVD's.

          http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/b...on-s-division/
          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

            no my old samsung, (old...was only 14 months old, lol) only went up to 760P which is still high def, but I just had to have a 1080P for the blu ray/HD DVD and the 360... and from 760P to 1080 i or p there is a big difference.
            Magnum |TG-18th|


            We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

              No there isn't. ;) I can tell only a slight bit of difference in 720p and 1080i on my set. If you weren't using an HDMI cable and watching HD channels one your old TV then of course there will be a big difference on your new TV. But that's only because you are finally watching it the way it was meant to be watched. If you still have your old TV go hook it up to your new HD cable box and you'll see what I'm talking about.

              You are right though, it is worth it to have the 1080p set if you are watching Bluray of HD-DVD content, or using your 360. I simply watch regular DVDs upconverted to 1080i and I'm awed.

              You might want to check out http://www.avsforum.com/ - it's the best community for audio/video.
              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                OK, this is getting boring, lol... of course I had HD cable and using a HDMI cable, and playing 360 games at the max 920P...but now i can max out at 1080P...and still a different to me.

                over and out.
                Magnum |TG-18th|


                We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                  Have you considered the HD-DVD add-on for your 360? I've heard it's pretty good. It's only $200. Then get your blu-ray in march. Why not have both? Hehe.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                    Good point War.mongeR. ;)

                    Sorry Magnum, in one of your posts you said:
                    I just upgraded to the HD service via my cable company and it is awesome. How on earth did I watch the old grainy sets before?
                    I took that to mean that you did that when you got your new set, because I know there isn't a bit of grain watching HD at either 720P or 1080i on my set thru my cable companies HD service.

                    I'll shutup and leave you alone now. ;)
                    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                      Originally posted by fldash View Post
                      Sorry Magnum, in one of your posts you said:
                      I just upgraded to the HD service via my cable company and it is awesome. How on earth did I watch the old grainy sets before?
                      Is that so? Are you sure it wasn't someone else?


                      Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                      I have owned a 42" Mitsubishi 1080i wide screen projection for around 4 years now. I just upgraded to the HD service via my cable company and it is awesome. How on earth did I watch the old grainy sets before?

                      :D LOL :D
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                        Misunderstandings can be quite amusing sometimes! :row__523:
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                          lol :) Wow. How did Wimpinator get that message in there... I thought it was just me and Magnum going back and forth. I had no idea someone else had posted. I'm an idiot.
                          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                            For future reference this is WIMPINATOR talking ;)

                            Yeah unfortunately it took me 4 years to get motivated to get HD cable. Also there are only 15 channels on my cable provider that are in HD.

                            Originally posted by fldash View Post
                            Are you telling me you didn't use HD cable service with your 1080i set? That's ridiculous. I have the HD cable service with the HDMI cable and the picture is completely awe-inspiring. I never watch anything not broadcast in HD. That said, I've been to the stores and have seen 1080i vs 1080p and the difference isn't enough for me to crap my pants over. So I'm guessing you really did only watch an analog signal on your old television.

                            As far as BR vs HD-DVD, I was just voicing an opinion. You very well may be right that Bluray will win the format war. Perhaps they'll both be successful and we'll see dual format players? As of now, I'm perfectly happy watching upconverted DVD's.

                            http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/19/b...on-s-division/
                            Retired 6th DB

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

                              Also there are only 15 channels on my cable provider that are in HD.
                              Same. Between the HD stations the cable company offers and those I pickup OTA, I get CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, OETA, Discovery, INHD, Fox Sports, ESPN1 and 2, and some random channels I never watch except for the Cox channel that has sports on it occassionally. I'll be fully happy once Comedy Central goes HD but I don't think it's offered yet.
                              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X