Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG... 1080P...sweet...

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
    Yeah unfortunately it took me 4 years to get motivated to get HD cable. Also there are only 15 channels on my cable provider that are in HD.
    Have you tried using an antenna to pick up HD broadcasts? That was one of the main selling points of HDTV!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

FYI, when I say OTA, I'm talking about thru an antenna like CingularDuality mentioned. It's free and it's great.
      It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

No I never tried the antenna. There were only a handful of OTA HD channels at the time and it didn't seem like it was worth the hassle. I'm kicking myself now :)
        Retired 6th DB

Comment

What resolution does a 1080i television display?
          A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

"One of the resolution specs used in the HDTV. 1080i stands for resolution of 1920x1080 pixels and the magic little 'i' means that the video is being interlaced. Other common HDTV resolutions are 720i and 720p."

From this page: http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/1080i.cfm
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

720i, 1080i, 720p, and 1080p refer to broadcast resolutions, not display (for lack of a better word) resolutions. A display has a known number of pixels, typically 1080x1920 or 720x1280.

There isn't really any such thing as a "1080i" or "1080p" display. It's just 1080.

Now, all of that being said, a 1080p feed on a 1080 display looks amazing. And a 1080i feed on a 1080 display will look amazing as well :]

Congrats on your new screen, Magnum! Oh, and if you're going to go with Blu-Ray, might as well get a PS3 - might be a tough sell to the wife though, eh?
              A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X