Finals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finals

For all the Tactical Gamers still in the process of edjumacatin' themselves: How are/were your finals? Easier than expected? Harder? Are you freaking out, or going in confident? How many cans of Red Bull have you downed in the past few days?

I'm just hoping that I can get enough sleep not to space out really obvious stuff on my tests, because that's usually what gets me.

Re: Finals

Last one was this morning...My computer decided it didn't know how to play MP3s so my computer alarm clock didn't go off and I woke up at 11:40 for an 11:00 appointment at the testing center.

GG.
    |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post
      Last one was this morning...My computer decided it didn't know how to play MP3s so my computer alarm clock didn't go off and I woke up at 11:40 for an 11:00 appointment at the testing center.

GG.
      Aw man. That's terrible.

A similar thing happened to me this week. I woke up at 8:05 and I had an exam at 9. The bus takes about an hour to get to university but I still managed to get to the exam hall only 15 minutes late.

Comment

Retired from higher education since 2004.

Yeah, we have all been there.

I think one time i got the times wrong and arrived late.

Can't remember doing a Tommyboy and running to the hall.

you should have seen me getting preped for my Physics exams.
        A lot like warming up for the Super Bowl, Getting all the equations down and all.

I sometimes wonder what I would do as a professor if a student was late.

In real life, deadlines need to be meet so i could be nasty and give them a zero.

I would not do that, because I know how stressful it can be. I would go out of my way to help the kid out. Espically if it were a student who showed interest in the class.

Maybe I do not stick around for the punks who did not bother to go to class.

___

I would not take roll as a professor.

If your grade is a 89.55 and you were invovled in the class discussoins and tried hard, You would get the hook up and the A.

If you never came to class and or were a punk, you would have a B.

Hopfully the classes are small enough for me to remember all the names.

I do not think it would be a good idea for me to teach others on a mass scale (200 students/class)
        (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
        (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
        (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
        Squad Leader pledge to their team:
        Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Im the guy who is always done with his test first......I think I have the opposite of test anxiety. I even felt it this week during finals. I just sortof feel groovy.
          Then again I show up to class all the time and participate in discussions ...that, besides homework and generally feeling interested in the subject cant let you down.

As for the results I only know the final grades from two classes....I have a B overall in Trig and an A in AutoCAD

Good luck to you guys still in finals!

Comment

They shouldn't be too hard this year for me, but it will require some serious study time. Honors Algebra 2 + Honors Biology will be the hardest, along with Spanish with all the *%^* vocab.

Comment

Three A's and Two B's, I believe. It should be confirmed once grades get released next Tuesday. The finals themselves weren't as bad as I thought they were, but ask me again in a few hours, I have my CS one at 11:30.
              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Never turned up late, but I twice managed to turn up at 8:30 for a 1:00 exam, expecting them to be 9:00 exams. Oh well, at least I could go to the library and prepare, instead of sitting at home blasting away at Quake (which was how much of my "revision time" ended up being spent).
                2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
                BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

It has been a long time since I wrote a test. My fondest memory is when I was 30 minutes late to a mid-term exam and I left first, about 30 minutes after arriving. I wasn't generally a speedster on exams, but on that day I knew my shtuff.

My next fondest memory is when I went in to ask a prof how in heck I got a final mark of B+ after going into a final exam with an A. He pulled out my exam and found out that he he had missed marking a question, then he promptly bumped my final mark to an A+. I didn't complain, but anyone who knows their math has to wonder how one question on an exam could be worth so much toward a final mark. I wasn't about to ask. ;)

I was also one of those lucky guys who went into exams with no fear and a big smile on my face. Unfortunately, sometimes I was smiling because I knew how screwed I was. :)
                  Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

AHHH finals start today!! Good luck to everyone else that is taking exams

Bleak...does redbull work for you? It usually has no effect on me and I usually need to take some doubleshot espressos

Comment

I've switched my goals from "getting good grades" to passing. Pass, get my degree, GTFO. My employer isn't going to give a crap if I got an A or a C- in Spanish class, all the matters (in the big scheme of things) is getting that damn diploma. Hell, the Marine Corps OCS application has a 2.0 requirement, which anyone can manage if they show up to classes.
                      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul View Post
                        AHHH finals start today!! Good luck to everyone else that is taking exams

Bleak...does redbull work for you? It usually has no effect on me and I usually need to take some doubleshot espressos
                        I don't drink caffeinated beverages usually, but when I do I tend to gravitate toward coke. I can't stand the taste of redbulls, and a doubleshot is definitely a little too much for me ;)

Turning up late is another big fear of mine, which is why I think I'm gonna arrange for my mom to call me a half hour before to make sure that I'm up. How sad is that: living on my own and still need my mommy to get me up for school.

Comment

Finals ended yesterday. I had 2 of them (it's my final semester, and my other 2 classes were 1 credit hour classes and had no final), one on Monday which I think I did well on, then the other on Thursday that I think I did okay on.

Not that it matters now. Graduation is tomorrow, and I KNOW I passed all my classes this semester anyway, so the grades don't matter that much (unless they really hurt my CGPA) as long as they're half-decent (C's and up).

I'M OUT OF HERE!!!!!

W/ my Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree, w/ a minor in mathmatics (meaning I did the paperwork for the minor....the required coursework was the same as the math requirements for my degree program).

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Comment

Originally posted by calvin View Post

GG.
                            Buy an alarm clock! Sheesh! :)
                            |TG|JackMac4

Comment

Welp, I'm done grading my student's term papers and calculating their final grades. In all, I gave out 5 As, 8 A-s, 5 B+s, 3 Bs, a B-, and a C+.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X