I need some help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help!

I've been having major latency issues while playing online games and I think I can trace my problem to being hammered with TCP requests at port 6881. I'm getting as many as 500 a minute. My firewall (zone alarm) is blocking the port requests. I know that this port is the default port for bittorrent clients, but I don't have one running, and I haven't run my client since I refreshed my IP on my cable modem.

I don't know how or why I'm being hammered with TCP/UDP requests (especially considering I'm not broadcasting my IP out there as running any bittorrent clients), but it's really killing my gaming.

Does anyone have any suggestions at what I can do to prevent my IP from being hammered like this? I'm desperate for some help. It's like a DDOS on my gaming sessions...

Also, I'm running a virus scan now (I doubt it will turn up anything) and there are no suspect processes running (that I can tell).

Picture below:

~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: I need some help!

well, i know its an absolute worst case option, but this did happen to me once and i couldnt figure it out, so i reported it to my ISP and they simply changed my ip. fixed the problem 100&#37;.

Comment

Re: I need some help!

Yeah. My computer is virus free. I renewed my IP and set up my router to block the majority of the TCP requests that my software firewall was blocking. It's greatly reduced the strain on my computer :)
      ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
      No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X