Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG Day of Defeat Source Server..? Lets do it!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Day of Defeat Source Server..? Lets do it!

I am very interested in a TG DoD Source server. I feel that DoD has so much to offer and it should be a part of TG.
    What would it take to get it going?

All I ask for is communication

Re: TG Day of Defeat Source Server..? Lets do it!

I'm with ya Ben, as a matter of fact I went into the archives and re-installed it this weekend!! and IMO I think the average pubbie is more mature in DoD as appose to CSS so I think this will make for a great enviroment. What ya say guys, lets get something going here!!
    PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I'd love to see DoD hosted at TacticalGamer again! I just don't have the time to dedicate to it. Well, I do, but 3am to 6am isn't exactly primetime for seeding a server...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Ben, how about you see how much genuine interest there is. Perhaps this might help you.
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

There might not be a whole bunch of support from within, but I guarantee that a DOD server would be able to pull support from outside.

Comment

Originally posted by whistler's mother View Post
            There might not be a whole bunch of support from within, but I guarantee that a DOD server would be able to pull support from outside.
            yes I agree, the worse that could happen is more and more poeple would learn about the TG community , thos who play solely DoD and have never heard of us
            PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I love DoD:S, I play it frequently.

I'm not very good at making it to scheduled events here though because a lot of other things in my life take priority over gaming right now, so I'm not sure if I'd be around to try it out on the community events server.

Also, I don't know how well the gameplay of DoD:S would fit in this community. Even though its team vs. team, its a hyper-fast game that doesn't involve a whole lot of team-based tactics (in my experience! Prove me wrong, TG!).
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Well Ben, I haven't played DoD in a while but I would be game to get some Shady Planning out of ya...

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

*awkwardly looks at his DoD admin tag*
                  *Realizes its not there...hmm?*

Well uh guys...hate to break it to you but there have been several attempts to push the TG DoD server into the limelight, but without solid support from within there really is no hope as to getting a public fanbase. Problem with games like DoD is similar to Dystopia, a basic teamwork system already exists that should be improved upon but is often felt as not neccessary. Also, most people simply don't have the time to dedicate to it. They say they will, but at most they'll play one maybe two games and then call the quits on it. Also, no one wants to seed the server when it is empty cause there is no dedicated fanbase that is almost always assured to jump on.

I'm not saying it is impossible, but these are the main issues we've had trying to get the server going in the past, and people always play DoD as a "side" to their "main game". Also, DoD is a particuliar size that certain server clusters seem to have acquired the majority of "obsessed" users who are for the most part xenophobic to new servers.

That said, if you can think of a solution please say it cause this is a wonderful game that should at least get one more attempt before it gets the boot.

-Zephyr
                  You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
                  We are not a single game.
                  We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
                  We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

I would dust off my DoD and jump in for sure :)

Comment

I will do it too:)
                      "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

yeah I just re-installed mine about 2 days ago so maybe we can set up a night or day this weekend where we get together and find a server to go raid
                        PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I'm going to set up some events over the humbug season. I'll include a DoD:S session. I'm also going to run a DoD 1.3 session for all you HL1 owners.
                          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X