No announcement yet.

Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat tonight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat tonight!

Don't forget, Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat is tonight! Check the front page article for more information, but if you have BF1942 you better be there! Please note that people will be filtering in as the night progresses, if you don't see anyone on the server, feel free to still hop on! We don't want to end up with 20 people all waiting for someone else to join before they get on.

I will be far more gentle on those who help seed the server for this event!

If you'd like to verify your attendance for tonight, please post in this thread.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat tonight!

My eta is between 1930-2000 Eastern.

Comment

I will be on if i dont get sucked into eve.....
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Don't get sucked into Eve. This event is too important to miss!

Comment

If I can find my CD and install when I get home and get a kitchen pass from the wife, I'll be there. That's a lot of freakin' 'ifs'. ;)
          It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
            If I can find my CD and install when I get home and get a kitchen pass from the wife, I'll be there. That's a lot of freakin' 'ifs'. ;)
            No excuses accepted! Tell her it's my Christmas present!

Comment

Haha! Will do.

Edit: Looking good for tonight. Just have to find me CD and get it installed along with DC.
              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

I mean how easy can apo go on us....its not WOW....uber ban hammer i dont think would work here
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                  I mean how easy can apo go on us....its not WOW....uber ban hammer i dont think would work here
                  Heh, you just wait...

:row__523:

Comment

Like fldash, if I can get a kitchen pass I'll be there. Hard to believe DC/BF1942 is considered "retro" now. What would DOOM and DOOM II be considered??

Comment

Ancient? BTW: My kitchen pass appears to have come thru based on the email I got from her. WOOT! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
                        Ancient?
                        I suppose so. I made a lot of multiplayer maps for DOOM II.....hard to believe it was so long ago.

Anyway, that's good news about tonight!

Comment

what time we planning on getting this party started? my wife and I were thinking about doing our xmas tonight, so barring that - i'll be there with bells on.

like i said in the other thread, i had a blast playing this over the weekend. kinda fun change of pace. i think we should play DC more often. I'd like to see POE on BFV also brought back - perhaps for the next retro night?

as a side note, apophis, have we thought about also doing the occasional silly rules night? though it gets annoying after extended periods of time, theres a lot of fun in playing the occasional game of light gravity and crazy weapon placements.
                          |TG|JackMac4

Comment

Just figured I would post this here as well. Regarding TG's BF1942/DC Rules:

The rules on our BF1942/Desert Combat server are quite similar to our BF2 and BF2142 servers.

1) Attacking/Entering the UCB and/or camping the UCB spawns is NOT permissible. This includes UCB bombing runs. The ONLY time it is permissible to assault the USB is if you are being directly engaged by either a SCUD, SAM or mobile artillery piece from within the UCB. Even then, you're cleared to take out the hostile piece and then must return to the flag based objectives.

2) No offensive or disrespectful language.

3) Work as a team and focus on your objectives. Desert Combat is a conquest type game, so you've got flags to capture and I believe all maps in rotation have bleed after you hold 50% of all capturable flag points.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmacokc View Post
                              what time we planning on getting this party started? my wife and I were thinking about doing our xmas tonight, so barring that - i'll be there with bells on.

like i said in the other thread, i had a blast playing this over the weekend. kinda fun change of pace. i think we should play DC more often. I'd like to see POE on BFV also brought back - perhaps for the next retro night?

as a side note, apophis, have we thought about also doing the occasional silly rules night? though it gets annoying after extended periods of time, theres a lot of fun in playing the occasional game of light gravity and crazy weapon placements.
                              I posted my times already, I'm not sure if anyone will be on any earlier. No one else has responded with their ETA other than me.

We could definitely get BFV in some sort of retro event. I have that game somewhere too!

I haven't really thought about doing silly rules night, but it is something we could entertain. I'm not sure what kind of turnout we would see though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X