Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you think the better control?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you think the better control?

I wanted to do a poll here at TG before I shared my research and results.

Don't matter if you don't do one or the other, just what you would think is better, a FPS (tactical shooter) on the PC with a mouse and keyboard or a FPS (tactical shooter) on a console with a console gamepad?

Vote please.
    PC, with a mouse and keyboard
    100.00%
    Console, with a console gamepad
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: What would you think the better control?

No question... anything *but* a gamepad.

Comment

No contest what-so-ever. You ever tried aiming with an analouge stick? You cannot make minor adjustments quickly, if you do try to do it fast you will overshoot, then overcompensate and end up moving your crosshairs back and forward over the target.

Comment

Mouse and keyboard.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

quit contaminating the vote, and just vote. ;) jk
          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

I'm so used to a mouse and kb that when i try to use those controllers i just get mad and fling the things!!
            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Not even close...
              It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Even greater than a keyboard is my Nostromo n52 game pad.
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Is it even a matter of opinion? Mouse is just more precise for aiming.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Mouse&KB>>>>>>>Wiimote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gamepad
                    RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                    TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                    "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                    "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Yeah, without some sort of auto-aim for the console game, I don't think that this is even a matter of opinion. In fact, I'd be willing to bet a large sum of money on it.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Not to sound TOO biased or snobish, but this age-old question has always been a no-brainer to me. It's not even a real question really. It's like asking, "Which is better for open-heart surgery... a scalpel or a chainsaw?"

As someone said on some forum, "playing a FPS with a gamepad is like trying to iceskate on bricks."

Comment

33 to 0...funny...kinda surprised at the negative replies thou, excuse me for asking and starting a conversation... there is a reason for this madness which I will post in another thread later today., but now I question if i should of bothered....

thx for voting thou.
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Originally posted by Magnum50 View Post
                            33 to 0...funny...kinda surprised at the negative replies thou, excuse me for asking and starting a conversation... there is a reason for this madness which I will post in another thread later today., but now I question if i should of bothered....

thx for voting thou.
                            Don't be such a downer. You asked a question and people answered! I know you mentioned that you were surprised at how quickly you adapted to playing R6:Vegas using the gamepad and I'd like to hear more about it.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Hey Magnum,

It was a great question to get input on and I hope I didn't come off the wrong way. I have a brother who plays console games exclusively with a gamepad and loves it. It's funny, no matter how much I try to get him to "see the light" on what he is missing with a mouse or keyboard, he still swears by his gamepad. So there are legit opinions on both sides. I just don't understand that other side. ;)

I'd love to see what more TGers thought about the issue, although that vote tally so far looks like the poll results for a dictator in a "democratic" country.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X