Rocky Balboa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Balboa

Just got done watching the final rocky movie. I would have to say its by far the best one out of the series. Amazing job by stallone in the writing and directing of this movie. The movie starts out just getting us all up to speed as to what has happened since his last fight. His son is out of school and has a job that he really doesn't like, there is a lot of tension between him and his son in the beginning. But that gets resolved.

The first hour is the time setting up to the big fight. Rolls thru memories and really shows the emotional side to Rocky. He meets a girl in a bar which was the little girl he walked home and she called him a creepo. They become friends and rocky gives her son a job at his restaurant.

The whole basis for this fight is ESPN did a computer test to see who would win against Rocky or the new arrogant champ Mason Dixen. This gets rocky thinking and so he does this fight for "charity". This new champ isn't liked by the fans like rocky was. He is to arrogant for his own good and just thinks he cant be beat.

***edited because people i guess dont like to hear the entire thing****

Awesome movie. If you seen the other movies you almost have to see this one just to get the full series. Stallone wrote and directed this one and I would say he did a great job, at least its better then some of his others.
    Last edited by Trooper; 12-23-2006, 02:18 AM.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: Rocky Balboa

How about you put spoiler in the title you punk. :) Now I dont have to go see the movie!

Comment

Re: Rocky Balboa (entire movie plot)

oops....
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

I'd say edit out the second to last paragraph and the part about Adrian's fate and you'll be good to go.

Comment

I very good friend of mine who lives like 4 minutes from me .. worked as a PA on that movie :) He said Stallone was old... and ..... old LOL hes a powerhouse for 60 man holy crap!!
          Dizlor

Comment

Stallone is the dude. This was never in question though, he's always been the dude.
            -

Comment

What about Chuck Norris? I guess Chuck is the man.

Comment

Stallone would mop the floor with monkey-boy norris.
                -

Comment

While there should have been a SPOILER tag for this thread, I really didn't see a whole lot more info here than what was in the Trailer for the movie.

Comment

I saw this last night though, I nearly had to drug into the theater to see it....
                    Ive never been a big fan of boxing and the only other rocky movie ive seen is the one with dolph lungren.

So, naturally, this movie pleasantly surprised me. Stallones acting has steadily improved over the years (think First Blood, then think Copland)

And some of the scenes in this move were downright touching in a very realistic and personal way.

One of the years best movies for shure!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X