The worst thing about kids and Christmas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst thing about kids and Christmas

It's not that grandparents get them all this crap that will only get played with once.

It's not the mess from the wrapping paper.

It's not even having to wrap all these odd shaped toys.

No.. The worst thing about kids at Christmas is the 374 ****** twist ties used to hold each ****** part of every ****** toy in their ****** boxes!! I mean really!?! Is all this necessary?? Should it really take 20 minutes to get a ****** train out of it's little ****ing box?!?!?!? :row__737:

Re: The worst thing about kids and Christmas

Ha Ha Ha

Amen my brother, those things are ridicules. The government should use those things to keep tanks and jets together they are so strong. It takes you longer to take the toy out than the kids spend playing with it 8/
    sigpic

Comment

Preach on! Preach on! I'm starting a collection. By next year, after christmas and birthdays, I should be able to insulate a house with them.
      | | |

Comment

My son in law was in the same predecrement. I gave him a pair of wire cutters. Work like a champ.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

lol. I'm not sure my nephew got something that problematic for christmas this year, but I feel for you guys!!
          |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
          [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Specifically why I keep pair of needle-nose pliers and dikes readily available! ;)
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

So true.

I needed scissors, wire cutters, and a freaking Phillips screwdriver to free the gifts from their packaging this year. I was very impressed that they took it up a level by screwing things to the packaging.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I think part of the reason they do that with packaging is to disuade casual shoplifters from stealing items in store.

But, yeah, it's damn annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by icky View Post
                  So true.

I needed scissors, wire cutters, and a freaking Phillips screwdriver to free the gifts from their packaging this year. I was very impressed that they took it up a level by screwing things to the packaging.

So does that mean the next year that the step up will be a blow torch to get kids toys out of the packaging?
                  sigpic

Comment

I dread opening some of those boxes, but I've got to admit, some of the packaging is ingenious. They must employ engineers to come up with this stuff.
                    |TG|Melee
                    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

I tried using Wire Cutters..

...But I couldn't get them out of their packaging
                      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf View Post
                        I tried using Wire Cutters..

...But I couldn't get them out of their packaging
                        Clever bastards! I also hate those hard plastic packages you can't even open with scissors without taking a chunk of skin off your hand.
                        -

Comment

When the first overwired package came out I offered my brother my wire cutters, as did every other male in the family. He declined... and pulled his leatherman out. It's become a joke.

Originally posted by Clodhopper View Post
                          Clever bastards! I also hate those hard plastic packages you can't even open with scissors without taking a chunk of skin off your hand.
                          Amen brother! I don't even screw around with these anymore, just take the package down to my shop and use tin snips to cut the sides off.

Comment

Hahaha!! I have over the years collected some special tools to deal with this nonsense. What a pain in the ass.

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

That's why every item in existence should from now on be put on the shelf unpackaged and unwrapped. There is no need for such excessive trash anyway. If you want "packaging" for something, just bring an old shopping bag to dump it all in.

That's the ticket.
                              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                              -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X