Gerald Ford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerald Ford

I'm surprised no one has posted anything on this, so I thought I would to stir up some discussion. Gerald Ford of course passed away Tuesday night. He's remembered as a great healer, although his pardon of President Nixon is blamed for his loss to Jimmy Carter. He's also the only President in U.S. history who wasn't elected to nationwide office (appointed both VP and Prez).

I live in Grand Rapids, his adopted home town and work across the street from where he'll be buried. Despite the surge of national media coming here, I'm looking forward to the services. I'm going to try to visit his presidential museum for the public viewing Tuesday and hopefully attend the burial.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Gerald Ford

Had he not pardoned Nixon, the American people would have been subjected to a trial that would have not only been embarrassing and detrimental to the value of the Presidency in the USA, but across the world. He helped us, and I think people see that now.

Comment

Re: Gerald Ford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7hk-5-K5a4

Excellent video over Grand Rapids for the Ford Funeral. Found this about awhile back and thought that Evo had already posted it. It's F15s flying the Missing man formation over downtown. Brings back quite a few memories for me from living in Grand Rapids for 5 years.

Lucky Shot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X