just another example...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just another example...

... of how appreciated the Tactical Gamer Natural Selection gameplay is...

http://twilight-eclipse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1369

Name recognition is nothing new in communities of the games that TG hosts, and our Natural Selection server is no exception. I just wanted to congratulate the Natural Selection players for supporting a thriving server in a community that longs for maturity and teamwork in a very, very, VERY fast-paced game dominated by immature, discipline-void children. The thread above is only one readily-available example. Many people know of our Natural Selection server and tell their friends about it.

We continue to have a strong inflow of new blood, and it's fun to see the member support continue to grow for this game.

The purple and green icons are supporting Tactical Gamer members, and 12 of them are seen here filling all but two of the 14 slots of our public NS server. That's good to see. :) This will only happen more as Natural Selection continues to slowly bring in more members.

I'm one of several players (members and not) who appreciate both Tactical Gamer for hosting a Natural Selection server and the paying TG members who support its growth and very existence. Obviously, the players in the screenshot above don't make up all of the supporting TG members who regularly play NS. There are others as well. Thanks to everyone who supports my favorite game, and thanks to Tactical Gamer for hosting my favorite server. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: just another example...

gj :)
    more the reason i cant wait for summer to come. i can get a job and pay. I love helpng out TG in any way, which is what the up comming movie will try to help do :D

Comment

I love you guys... And I get mad cause I care :)

And Binky and T-Bear are still fired. Fired you hear!

Comment

We had a few really good games yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
          We had a few really good games yesterday.
          That game on ns_veil, where we had you guys to 0 hives at one point, was the best game of NS I've played in a long time, and that's SAYING something considering how many epic games we've been having lately. My team lost, but both teams showed exemplary teamwork, jaw-dropping hustle, and coordination that's hard to match.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            ...are supporting Tactical Gamer members, and 12 of them are seen here filling all but two of the 14 slots of our public NS server. That's good to see. :) This will only happen more as Natural Selection continues to slowly bring in more members.
            I'll tell you, I thought for sure that the NS sub-community of TG was going to be a financial drain for N42. I believe the average age of NS players here is much lower than for any other game and my limited experiences with NS players were not the best in the world (mostly due to my being partial to admin decisions before the admin forums were seperated. That's where all the bad stuff is discussed, obviously.). I didn't think very many NS players were going to contribute (mostly because it can be difficult to pay for stuff like this if you don't have a credit card).

I'm pleased to see that it appears that I was very wrong in my assumptions. Very pleased. Good job, guys!
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

OMG OMG that's my name!!! :) Too bad C-D icon overlaps the vet icon.

Seriously, everyone knows about TG that comes into contact with me, |TE|'s been hyping you guys for a while and that's because the server is full of good guys (both personality and skill) that know what they're doing when they play. There isn't a dull moment on the TG server, because even a team that's dominating the map can still turn around and get raped on the server; and that's not just Marines, but Aliens as well. This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. Thanks for the awesome server and here's to more in the future.

Comment

Credit to Wyzcrak (and his predecessor Big-B) for creating and maintaining such a good server. The NS admin forum is full of threads that wyz has started thinking of policy changes, new plugins and ways to encourage more players, more members and better gameplay.
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  I'll tell you, I thought for sure that the NS sub-community of TG was going to be a financial drain for N42. I believe the average age of NS players here is much lower than for any other game and my limited experiences with NS players were not the best in the world (mostly due to my being partial to admin decisions before the admin forums were seperated. That's where all the bad stuff is discussed, obviously.). I didn't think very many NS players were going to contribute (mostly because it can be difficult to pay for stuff like this if you don't have a credit card).

I'm pleased to see that it appears that I was very wrong in my assumptions. Very pleased. Good job, guys!

You need to give NS another try dave.

Comment

Thank you everyone for what you've said about me.

Here is the problem with NS. I don't know if it's a problem with other games at TG, but it's definately a problem with NS. We host one of the most popular games at NS for THE youngest crowd at NS (on average). Because the demographic for NS is so young, players who are TG material and wander into our server (thinking it's just another random public server) for the first time tend to VERY MUCH APPRECIATE our server (and often the rest of the community) for what it offers and what it is.

However, our server is open to the public and exposed to the average idiot. Sometimes, idiots are iradicated immediately. Sometimes, usually due to the pace of the gameplay, idiots take a while to find and remove. Here's my point: if you come "try" NS, and you're working your way OUT of a negative mindset about the game and its players, you're likely to see someone act like an idiot. I doubt it will be a member, or even a regular. If you play on the server regularly, we have an incredible set of regulars, member and otherwise, who make happen some of the best public Natural Selection games anywhere online.

I wish the server were idiot-free all the time. I'm pleased that it's idiot-free most of the time. It saddens me to see people leave because of one or two bad eggs that I can't get rid of fast enough. Fortunately it doesn't happen often. The pace of gameplay is frustrating enough for new players. Add to that some random idiot being.. well.. an idiot.. and it just compounds the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I wish the server were idiot-free all the time..
                      We would have to ban you then, Wyz :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X