M*a*s*h

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M*a*s*h

Anyone still watch this amazing piece of TV? TV land is having a huge marathon, that I'm sitting here watching it all. My wife hates that show, but what does she know. My dad has all the available seasons on DVD, so he is just as hooked as i am. Anyone else?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: M*a*s*h

Greatest TV show of all time in my opinion! Alan Alda was great as Hawkeye, in fact I can't watch the movie because it just doesn't seem right
    sigpic

Comment

I watched every single MASH episode multiple times when I was a kid. I cried during the finale because my buddies were going away (and because every character in the show was crying). But I don't watch it now, even though it is on somewhere almost every night.

I think I might like to watch it all in order, because many of the story lines ran through several episodes.

I remember it as a great show. I'm not sure I would rank it quite as high if I watched it now. ;)
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I love MASH...I watched almost every episode when I was in the desert. I think it had the excellent writing and great actors. I still get choked up when Henry dies over the Sea of Japan:(
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

A big part of it was that they actually seemed like a family, and they truly seemed to be laughing, not just acting through it. It seemed like a genuine bunch of screwballs and always kept me in stitches.

One of my favorites!

Lucky Shot

Comment

This world is gonna be hurting when Allen Alda kicks it. Truely a great actor and great person. You are right the laughter and acting was just so natural like it was actually happening and they where just taping it. Potter was a hoot. All his terms for crap where always given at the right time.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I swear I must have seen every episode at least once. I still stop to watch it when I run across it - drives my wife crazy, she doesn't like the show. A true classic.

"Ahhhh, the top comes off..."
              |TG|Melee
              Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

yeah my wife will get up and leave the room if its on, cause she knows im not turning it. Me and my dad usta watch reruns every week when i was growing up, so i guess that why im partial to it. That and this old house.
                -Vulcan

Comment

I loved the TV show, I loved the Movie, and I loved the books.

Interesting fact: There was more than one M*A*S*H Book, but unlike the television show only the first book takes place in Korean. The remainder of the series mostly follows Hawkeye's (As seen in the movie) life as he runs into his old bunk mates across the globe. It's good stuff but a different flavor than the TV show.

My favorite characters are still Sidney Freedman and Father Mulcahy.

Hey interesting thing while I was looking up wikipedia for spelling... I knew there was a spinoff of the series, but I didn't know there were 3 mash spinoffs.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

Love It... the last episode of Mash made me cry like a fricken baby, best last show in history, of a televison series.. if you ask me.

Now really age yourself...
                    I bet you all wish Barney Miller made a comeback ;-)
                    or better yet ~ Rat Patrol

Comment

Now really age yourself...
                      I bet you all wish Barney Miller made a comeback ;-)
                      Barney Miller used to come on right after M*A*S*H it was mandatory to watch both. The lines that would come from that show were great! Fish all the way baby!
                      sigpic

Comment

JUST WATCHED THE FINAL EPISODE... I just got home, running up and down through the channels and there it is...

Unbeliveable... awesome.

Comment

I remember the later episodes as a kid.

During the mid to late 1990s I watched re-runs on Fox.

The opening music is really good.

What a match up, Hawkeye and Major Charles Emerson Winchester III. Fun stuff.

The cool thing is how even though each other got on one anothers nerves, they stil were one awsome team, who had each others back. Sort of like a family.

Trivia. Due to the fact the show was on the air so long, I thought the Koren "Police Action" lasted for years.

Turned out the War was only three years tops.
                          (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                          (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                          (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                          Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                          Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Technically the Korean War is still going, just at cease fire. No formal surrender was ever reached.

The thing that made that show where so well is each character complimented another. They all fed off each other comedicly, and filled in the story line well. You could totally see a friend or family member in at least one of those characters.
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR] View Post
                              Technically the Korean War is still going, just at cease fire. No formal surrender was ever reached.
                              Good point.

And casualites were being taken even after the ceasefire.

The story about G.I.s going out to cut a tree down with an axe comes to mind. Brutal story.
                              (PO3) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Member
                              (CPO) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Squad Leader
                              (LCDR) Marcinko_R. (BF2 PR .509) Commander

Squad Member pledge to their SL:
                              Squad Leader pledge to their team:
                              Commander pledge to their SL:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement