Go Gators!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Gators!

What a game tonight. I was watching College Gameday on ESPN just before the game and (just like most of the sports media in the past few weeks) they were talkinig about the game as if Ohio St. had already won it. After all the talk about even deserving to be there, it was incredible to see such a decisive victory. I was at the Sugar Bowl 10 years ago when we got our first National Championship, and it's huge for all Gators to get the 2nd in our 100th season.

Congratulations to Florida, to Chris Leak, to Tim Tebow, and the Gator Nation on an incredible game and an incredible season. :D

Oh, and watching the Gameday boys on ESPN after the game is VERRRY entertaining. Talk about eating crow. ;)
    Beatnik

Re: Go Gators!

Just like last year, the ESPN hype machine is all over the favored team. Way to go Gators, that was a dominant performance.

BTW what is it w/ Heisman winners and losing in championship games?

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Yeah, the Gators definitely played a top-notch game. I wish I could say the same for my Buckeyes. We looked like the Browns out there last night.

Congrats, Gators!

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
        Just like last year, the ESPN hype machine is all over the favored team.
        It was interesting in 2002 to be on the other end of that when ESPN was touting a blowout of Ohio State by Miami. Obviously that didn't happen.

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
        BTW what is it w/ Heisman winners and losing in championship games?
        That, and there have also been plenty of Heisman winners who have gone on to the NFL and stunk it up. In true Browns style, I can see them drafting Troy Smith. Although, with the Browns' luck, Smith would have a couple of bad seasons in Cleveland, and then he'd be traded to another team (like the Eagles) and have a great career. ;)

Comment

Hang in there Strag i',m a Saints fan.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strag View Post
            Yeah, the Gators definitely played a top-notch game. I wish I could say the same for my Buckeyes. We looked like the Browns out there last night.

Congrats, Gators!
            As a Buckeyes fan I have to say I didn't expect Tressel to sit at home and let Marty coach the game. Last time I saw zone coverage that soft Elway was driving up the field. A sad day indeed.

As far as Smith in the NFL, I think he will do very well if they sit him for atleast a year to get used to the pro game. He is a smart kid, with very good nautral talent. There was nothing he could do last night with the way his o-line got beat down. It was just a bad game all around, they happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Greflin View Post
              There was nothing he could do last night with the way his o-line got beat down.
              Exactly. I was also surprised that the coaches didn't change things up after they saw how ineffective their original game plan was. The running game got a touchdown, but we didn't see much of it after that. Instead, they went back to dropping Smith into the pocket for long throws. I would have liked to have seen some of those short, quick passes that Florida was making such great use of. I know Smith can throw them; I've seen him do it.

Comment

Grats Gators! (from a Vol fan that hates you during the regular season...;)) Made it look too easy. The defensive line and defensive backs for UF were outstanding the entire game.

Comment

All I can say is GOOOOOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!

Comment

Gators beat OSU at their own game. Gators showed up to play and OSU was just on the hype, granted im a OSU cult member. Was really good to see Gators put some of these Critics in their place, but then again they always have USC to talk up.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

I never doubted florida for a second. I graduated from University of Colorado (GO BUFFS) but I was raised a gator fan, so theyre my number 2. Plus all of my friends would probably murder me if I rooted for anyone else. God help me if CU and UF ever play.

But seriously, I checked the vegas odds for the game the day before, had florida winning at 12-1 with a 10 point spread. If vegas calls those kinda odds, OSU had to be going down. Otherwise, every bookie in vegas would be broke. Plus, OSU thought they could bring that slow-paced northern football to the south and win...what a joke. Sorry state fans, but it REALLY wasnt your time.

Comment

S E C !

That was an amazing game (from 14 seconds in, onward)

And grats to Florida on their 13-1 season. :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X