Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TacEng Announcement

Tactical Engine

We all like to moan about the failings of the games we play, and wonder why developers don't make games that are suited to the TG way of playing. Now is your opportunity to change that. Work is beginning on Tactical Engine, a game engine specifically designed for TG play, with design on a game to run on it also in progress. We hope to support both windows and linux at both client and server level.

Initially, we are looking for developmental coders. Experience in Windows and Linux systems a plus. Experience with 3d environment and gaming programming also desired. Ability to give descriptive feedback and work as a team a requirement. Once we start to make progress, we'll also be looking for creative minds to flesh out the game that's going to run on the engine. We'll need modelers, artists, musicians and mappers / mission creators and scripters.

Apophis has kindly donated some webspace, and our forum is in the process of being set up. In the mean time, please contact Nulloperations if you are interested in getting involved in this project.
    Last edited by nulloperations; 01-11-2007, 08:27 PM. Reason: Grammar Edit

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Re: TacEng Announcement

Are you using an existing open source engine? Why not go the route of creating a Mod on an existing engine (Source for example)?
    USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak View Post
      Are you using an existing open source engine? Why not go the route of creating a Mod on an existing engine (Source for example)?
      Mostly because of limitation of code and function. To get the kind of features we desire, we'd need to have licensing of an exisiting engine. Even then we run into road blocks of exisiting engines (such as melee code in source. Dark Messiah may have improved it but melee still has major issues in the source engine).

We also are planning on keeping in mind advancing computer technologies and since we're late into the time frame that engines such as source are exisiting, we believe a fresh engine would provide better function for our needs.

Not for the Glory. Not for the Honor. For the Team.

Comment

I don't know code or anything like that but once you guys get it to the Alpha stage let me know I like to alpha/beta test games of all kinds.
        Although prepared for martyrdom, I preferred that it be postponed.
        Sir Winston Churchill
        British politician (1874 - 1965)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...