David Beckham & L A Galaxy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Beckham & L A Galaxy

For all you football fans, oop's, soccer fans!

What do you think of what some would describe as Englands greatest player joining up with the Galaxy soccer team.

Would be good to get a real insight as in to how you think he would fit in?

This contract is mega money, 128 Million over 5 years, think it works out to something stupid like 0.80 a sec or was it a minute, not quite sure now.

Espn's story

Sky Sports news

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: David Beckham & L A Galaxy

I think he's a traitor for leaving England. Given, he's an incredible player, but comon. That'd be like Michael Jordan (back in the day) leaving the Bulls to go play with the French team in the olympics. I guess money talks in ways I don't quite yet comprehend.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
      I think he's a traitor for leaving England. Given, he's an incredible player, but comon. That'd be like Michael Jordan (back in the day) leaving the Bulls to go play with the French team in the olympics. I guess money talks in ways I don't quite yet comprehend.
      He hasn't left England in actual fact (well not this time) He has left real Madrid which is in Spain

Comment

I think it remains to be seen how much, if any, of an impact it has on American soccer. For most folks here, they will probably shrug and ask, "David who?". Not out of disrespect, but because American soccer isn't anywhere near as popular as American football.

I like soccer though, and especially the World Cup so I think it can only help increase the sport's popularity here.

I'm also hoping that as soccer's popularity rises in America, that perhaps American football will catch on somewhere else in the world. Would be fun to have Super Bowl world champions actually mean "world" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline View Post
          I think it remains to be seen how much, if any, of an impact it has on American soccer. For most folks here, they will probably shrug and ask, "David who?". Not out of disrespect, but because American soccer isn't anywhere near as popular as American football.
          They were talking about him and the LA Galaxy in the first thirty minutes of the Today show this morning.. Like they said, just by him and the Galaxy getting exposure in the first 30 minutes of the Today show means that he has had some impact already.

Long term.. who knows. I didn't even realize the MLS had that kind of money to sling around.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

I think he'll enjoy lots of celebrity parties and experience the life of a wealthy man in LA. I doubt that his time on the field will mean much.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Youth soccer is pretty popular now a days. When my generation grows up i think you'll see a lot more people paying attention to soccer. Sadly, i don't see them paying any attention to MLS since the players in that league suck compared to the Premier league. I dont even know who won the last MLS championship. We either need to hope that my generation produces world class soccer players (and i think thats a possibility), or we get a lot of foreigners that go to MLS teams like David is.

Comment

It cant but help popularize soccer in the states. which is cool. but that figure is insane...i, too, didnt realize they had that much money

Comment

I wish it could have been any other player. I HATE that pretty boy Beckham with a fiery, burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa View Post
                    I wish it could have been any other player. I HATE that pretty boy Beckham with a fiery, burning passion.
                    Hate is a very strong word for some one you have never met nor spoken too.

Why do you dislike him?

Granted he is in touch with his feminine side, and he's had some awful hair stlyes over the years, but it's done him very well, made him very rich.

He also put's back into society, IE. taking kids off street and paying for Football schools, paying for hospital treatment for sick kids, alot of this goes unmentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock
                      Granted he is in touch with his feminine side, and he's had some awful hair stlyes over the years, but it's done him very well, made him very rich.
                      Thats pretty much the only reason i hate him :P I know its a stupid reason, but i cant stand him.

Comment

someone's jealous

Comment

|TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post

This contract is mega money, 128 Million over 5 years, think it works out to something stupid like 0.80 a sec or was it a minute, not quite sure now.
                            Isn't he the highest payed athlete? Like ever?
                            http://cpargermer.com/wateva/Itchyy1.png

Comment

Originally posted by Itachi* View Post
                              Isn't he the highest payed athlete? Like ever?
                              He is the highest paid English athlete, not sure if Michael jordan or Tiger woods have been paid more?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X