TGU Event - CoH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGU Event - CoH

Have a copy of Company of Heroes sitting around collecting dust? Hesitant to play online because you don't want to get owned? Come join us tonight on the CoH teamspeak channel starting at 6pm for Tactical Gamer University: Company of Heroes! This clinic will help teach the in's and out's of the game from team strategy to unit micromanagement. We'll be playing some games and reviewing replays to find out what works and what doesn't. This is the first in a weekly series of clinics to help build skills and strategy in Company of Heroes in an effort to expand the game here at TG and make teamplay more enjoyable and less frustrating.

The event will run from 6pm - ?? Eastern Standard Time. We'll look to get our first games in by around 7 depending on turnout. More info on the event can be found here.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: TGU Event - CoH

While I wont be able to attend, this is very cool. ABRA mentioned thast the idea of TGU could spread across different games. And now, between COH and BF2142 its happening. Hes gonna be happy when he gets back.

Comment

I put up an event showcase in the TGU Announcements thread for this.

Comment

Thanks.

Hopefully we have the turnout tonight to support it. I know we're running up against CoD2 at 8pm, but I'm hoping people can make time at least to get one game and replay review in tonight. I get the sense a lot of people are turned off of playing this game online because of the "ownage factor"... that is, most of the online community is already really good at the game and the learning curve is too steep to get into it without getting frustrated.

BTW, if anyone would like to serve as a mentor for this session, please PM me.

Comment

It's excellent to see TGU starting to cover other games. Thanks to all involved in this.
          BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

We're in the CoH TS channel right now! Join us if you'd like, even if it's just to listen in.

Comment

Well, we just wrapped up week one of the TGU Company of Heroes clinic. Unfortunately it was only myself and one other person, HybridNinja, so I'm hoping more people turn out next time.

In any case, it was a night that was educational. We had one match that was a satisfying win and another that was a crushing defeat (although it was a close game, lasted close to an hour). I think both of us are too exhausted to watch the replay of the game we just lost, it took a lot of effort and neither of us were prepared to play the Allies side (we were playing Axis all night). But, I think we did nail down a really effective strategy on Lorraine. Rails and Metal was a different challenge, I think we'll approach it differently next time. Definately fun though, hope more people can make it out next week.

Comment

Well I hope to pick this up next week.
                Will anyone be picking up Supreme Commander?

Comment

I'd like to do this event again tomorrow evening, same time. Please PM me or drop a line in the related topic in the CoH forum if you'd like to attend!

Comment

Just a friendly bump here.

If no one shows up again this week I think I may throw in the towel on this event unless people express interest sometime down the road.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X