Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download tribes 1/2 for free!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=1030059

pick up a copy of junes Computer Gaming World, or download it from fileplanet.com starting tommorow (may 4th).

I've pulled out my tribes 1 and 2 CDs, and I'm getting ready for the sudden influx of noobs to hone my skills on :)

Seriously though. if you haven't played tribes yet, you NEED to get in on this offer. It's one of the best multiplayer deathmatch type games out there, with a lot of strategy involved. you can choose a class and choose upgrades. there are jetpacks, and vehicles and stuff. and most mods are server side, which is pretty cool.

Re: download tribes 1/2 for free!

Hmmm, I have the June copy of CGW right here and I don't see a thing about Tribes. Since it's coming out tomorrow on FP it's not a big deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dihard
      Hmmm, I have the June copy of CGW right here and I don't see a thing about Tribes. Since it's coming out tomorrow on FP it's not a big deal though.
      it should have both games on the DVD.

Comment

I'm pretty sure everyone. Either way I recommend picking up this months CGW as it's a special DVD edition, loaded with all kinds of crap.

Comment

Tribes is the greatest franchise ever designed, period. Get these games, they have wide open spaces, they have teamwork, they have flags, and most importantly they have jet packs.

Get them, for being free, its to good not to get.

Comment

Most of my gaming roots are with Tribes.... Tribes and Starcraft.

I wish there were more of an RPG-typed community here (That I know about) because I spent countless hours playing and hosting a mod known as 'trpg' or 'Tribes RPG'

There are better things out there now, but I will never be more amazed at the work of one coder...

That goes for NS and Half Life too... I'm amazed by NS, but not as much as with TRPG =P
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by kowz0r
              http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=1030059

pick up a copy of junes Computer Gaming World, or download it from fileplanet.com starting tommorow (may 4th).

I've pulled out my tribes 1 and 2 CDs, and I'm getting ready for the sudden influx of noobs to hone my skills on :)

Seriously though. if you haven't played tribes yet, you NEED to get in on this offer. It's one of the best multiplayer deathmatch type games out there, with a lot of strategy involved. you can choose a class and choose upgrades. there are jetpacks, and vehicles and stuff. and most mods are server side, which is pretty cool.

GOOOOOOOOOOOONS!

I was just reading that thread, but they seemed to have taken down the pages. I'm going to get the new issue of CGW, though.

Is Games public? I didn't think that forum was readable to anyone without an SA account.

Comment

heh, I was just reading that thread you posted Miko, and I noticed two mentions of my beloved Tribes RPG mod... At least 1 of the Tribes 2 version, and maybe 1 of the Tribes 1 version. Gah, I need to find that old IRC channel I used to hang out in.... memories....

I definately think we should have a Tribes (one or two, or both =p) server on TG.... It is just blatant killing and stuff, but there are tactics involved in many decisions.
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                  heh, I was just reading that thread you posted Miko, and I noticed two mentions of my beloved Tribes RPG mod... At least 1 of the Tribes 2 version, and maybe 1 of the Tribes 1 version. Gah, I need to find that old IRC channel I used to hang out in.... memories....

I definately think we should have a Tribes (one or two, or both =p) server on TG.... It is just blatant killing and stuff, but there are tactics involved in many decisions.

The original tribes RPG was the BEST. That game provided me many hours of entertainment.

I would love to see a Tribes server on TG. This game is definite nostalgia.

PS: What thread did I post that you were referring to?

Comment

Miko how often did you play? wow... I was under the assumption nobody else I'd ever meet would have played it.

Now that I look at it Kowzor posted it, but you quoted and thats where I initially saw it.
                    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I played a LONG time ago for about 3 months....that was back like 5 years ago. I miss that game ;_;

Comment

/me dusts down Tribes 2 CD

Comment

Originally posted by MikoLovesYou
                          GOOOOOOOOOOOONS!
                          Is Games public? I didn't think that forum was readable to anyone without an SA account.
                          there's a thread in GBS about how a bunch of forums are public for the time being. they're stress testing the servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eclipse
                            Tribes is the greatest franchise ever designed, period. Get these games, they have wide open spaces, they have teamwork, they have flags, and most importantly they have jet packs.

Get them, for being free, its to good not to get.
                            And let us pray they not **** up T:V

Comment

Tribes 1 : ~150 megs
                              Tribes 2: ~565megs

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse