Jack Bauer Is BACK!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Bauer Is BACK!

My personal hero (and probably yours too) is back to save the world once more... or at least the country! I hope everyone got to see the 4-hour premiere over Sunday and Monday night because if you didn't... you have NO IDEA what you missed!

About 30 million people combined tuned in to the 2-night premiere and I was one of those! This is a show you can't miss and if you work during that time, make sure your DVR is running on Mondays at 9 EST/8 CST!

"By the order of the President of the United States, DROP YOUR WEAPON!" :D

()

Re: Jack Bauer Is BACK!

Oh man! The episodes were awesome!
    I can NOT wait for Monday.

Comment

Yeah, I won't spoil it for those who might tune in late but the first 4 hours were pretty incredible.

Comment

The only reason he is still alive is because without him, they have no show. It would be like killing off rambo in first blood.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I used to be all about this series, but not anymore. Simply too long, too drawn out. How many times can the same guy save the entire country? The past seasons I wouldn't miss an episode. Now? Eh...

I watched the first 4 episodes off of a website, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I don't plan to catch them live though, there are other things I'd rather be doing at that time (watching Heroes, in particular). If I catch the episodes online after the fact, okay. If not, no big loss for me.

On a side note about the series, seriously, think up some new threats, especially the nuke threat. Threats by season:

1- Assassination
          2- Nuke
          3- Bio weapon
          4- Assassination, Nuke
          5- Assassination, Bio weapon
          6- Nuke (this season)
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Heroes? Please...

And a nuke never went off until this season... so this is completely different and a WHOLE LOT better! :)

()

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
              And a nuke never went off until this season...
              Whaaa? Season two, Jack flies a plane with a nuke that can't be disarmed into the desert, only to have his dying boss stow away on board and pilot it away so Jack can bail out and go back to his daughter. Nuke goes off in the desert, avoiding mass casualties.

Season four, terrorists steal a device that lets them take control of any nuclear power plant they choose. While CTU is able to "disarm" most of the powerplants, the terrorists successfully melt down one reactor.

Like I said, they need some new threats. :P Even if they bombs hadn't gone off before, they re-use the same major plot device over and over. It's a bit tiring.
              [squadl]

Comment

Ok, yes a nuclear bomb went off where no people were killed... that's what I was comparing it too. A nuke going off in LA and killing thousands of people is not the same "threat" as a nuke going off in the desert and killing, presumably, no one.

But there are so many other things going on in any season, especially this season (i.e. Jack almost being sacrificed, Jack killing Curtis, Jack's brother being a terrorist) that the nuke is only PART of the overall theme of the season... it's far from the only theme. Sure... they are after 4 more nukes, but that doesn't mean that any of them will go off and the story won't switch to something else... it has happened before.

And at least the show is trying to stick with the type of threats that are actually facing our country and not some crap that is made up and not even around... sure if that's what you want, they could do that and lose a good chunk of their audience. But no one wants to see things that aren't possible or even plausible... they find great ways to incorporate the same or similar threats over the course of 6 season with so many sub-plots that one could only complain if he wasn't a TRUE fan! :)

()

Comment

Actually, the sub plots are generally good and are what I consider the only thing really keeping the series going at large. However, we're running out of those too. Too many times the wrong bad guy gets caught/killed when Jack says it's some other dude, and the threat continues because no one (or at least not the right someone) listens to Jack. Too many times it's the good guy within the security organization that no one suspects that actually turns out to be the bad guy. And really, too many times Jack leaves forever only to come back (3 comebacks now) because apparently no one else has a clue how to do their job and he's the only one out of dozens of agents that can do it. I find that to be rather implausible, heh.

Personally, I was a hardcore fan until I heard they were making this season. When I originally read about it, I heard that it was taking place overseas, starting with Jack in a Chinese prison and then somehow getting out and working some international threat. I thought hey, cool, I didn't think I'd be interested but this sounds unique; since the first season I thought that the best way to keep the series going was to change the cast/location entirely each season. And then I saw the trailer for this season and decided it wasn't so interesting anymore.

I've watched the first four episodes and, while not bad, they don't make me want to drop everything to make sure I don't miss the show when it airs like the previous five seasons did. It's more of the same plots and sub-plots (right down to the innocent kid that no one suspects actually being a terrorist), the characters have just changed names. If you like it, you like it, but I see everything after season 3 as pretty much being the same thing, just using different names. Oh well.
                  [squadl]

Comment

24 of Jack Bauer's Most Bad Ass Moments

http://theonlycriticthatmatters.blog...s-moments.html
                    |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                      Personally, I was a hardcore fan until I heard they were making this season. When I originally read about it, I heard that it was taking place overseas, starting with Jack in a Chinese prison and then somehow getting out and working some international threat. I thought hey, cool, I didn't think I'd be interested but this sounds unique; since the first season I thought that the best way to keep the series going was to change the cast/location entirely each season. And then I saw the trailer for this season and decided it wasn't so interesting anymore.
                      When the first movie comes out in 2008, something like this will most likely play out... not necessarily China but they (the creators and writers) have given hints to possibly moving things out of LA for the movies... so just sit tight.

Another fun website: Jack's Kill Count

()

Comment

I. Love. This. Show.
                        ------------

------------

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                          When the first movie comes out in 2008, something like this will most likely play out... not necessarily China but they (the creators and writers) have given hints to possibly moving things out of LA for the movies... so just sit tight.
                          Movie? Ugh, now it's really over for me. What drew me in was that the show was in real time. That can't happen in a movie, at least not if you want the story to progress from beginning to end in a two hour window.

Fun website though. I like the "Vampire Bite" technique, heh.
                          [squadl]

Comment

I Love This Show too! :) It's on TONIGHT!! :D

()

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed