Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Pack Kills Alligator In Florida

Dog Pack Kills Alligator In Florida

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the apex predator in its natural eco-system, can still fall victim to implemented team work strategy, made possible by the tight knit social structure and survival of the fittest pack mentality bred into canines over the last thousands of years by natural selection.

See the remarkable photograph attached, courtesy of Nature Magazine.

Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

Beware! This is not for the squeamish!

Scroll down for photo.......

I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Re: Dog Pack Kills Alligator In Florida

lol thats good m8,,,,i read the post header and thought holly crap ....very nice

Comment

LOL Here I sit in Florida thinking wow a pack of dogs took down a gator then...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

The fearsome Dire Puppies.
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Looks like a photo taken from the tailgate lot of a UGA v UF game. ;)
          Beatnik

Comment

I originally posted that to lighten the mood in this SERIOUSLY graphic thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...vs-python.html

There's also an excellent video of a horribly vicious dog attack just underneath the pics of the bull.

Edit: updated the photo.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X