Coachella

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachella

Probably the best music festival in America right now, and the line up this year is pretty astounding. Big headliners this year include a reunited Rage Against the Machine (first show in over 6 years) and The Jesus and Mary Chain (haven't played together since 99, and rumor has it Bobby Gillespie will be rejoining as well), as well as performances by indie household names like Bjork, Interpol, The Decemberists and the Arcade Fire. I'm really thinking about making the trip. Where else would I be able to see Ghostface Killah and Willie Nelson in the same weekend?

http://www.coachella.com/

Re: Coachella

J&MC. Sweeet.

I've been to two Coachellas (2002 and 2004, I think). One had Jane's Addiction headlining, the other one was the first big show the Pixies played after a string of club/warmup shows.

It's an outstanding festival, but a bit of a marathon. Definitely do not camp there - getting a crappy hotel room in palm springs is well worth the daily traffic in and out of the fest, and you're not exposed to the 90 degrees in the shade at 8 am that I saw there the last time I went.

If you decide to go, you won't be disappointed. It's run pretty well and food and drink prices aren't as bad as they could be. Just don't camp there. :)
    Beatnik

Comment

I've often wanted to go, considering that I live no more than an hours drive away, but I have yet to go. Maybe I might consider going this time. Plus The DJ's that they've had before, for their night-time Electronica/Techno, are world class. I would expect no less this time around.

Also: chicks + heat = very little clothing. hehehe :row__577:
      Focused

Comment

I went to this about four years ago, with Jane's Addiction headlining. Fatboy Slim, live, is pretty impressive. It was nuts, to put it lightly. That year it was still basically a glorified/mainstreamed rave (is it still??). Unsanity. If anyone's going, shoot me a PM, I go to Palm Desert pretty often.
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
          What, no [thread=84595]They shoot hippies on sight in here.
          And so far this thread is all 7th - what does that say about us? :p

Comment

We like to party?
            A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxT0PTgQiL8[/media]

Comment

How did Whiskey get a copy of the last 7th training session?
                Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                  Like I said, where (or how) Santa dances in his own free time is none of our business.
                  Santa is bringing sexy back.

Comment

I'm really disappointed that you didn't post the Crazy Frog version. :(

My legwarmers are in the wash. I can't wait for next practice!
                    Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X