PC gamers playing against 360 gamers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC gamers playing against 360 gamers?

Just read this article on teamxbox.com. Apparently MS is having Vista gamers play against 360 gamers? This is news to me. This is freaking crazy.
    USAR

Re: PC gamers playing against 360 gamers?

Sega did that with Quake 3 on the dreamcast...any good pc player pretty much dominated any top notch dreamcast player. The superior controls and hardware was just too much to overcome...I doubt this plays out any different.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

to put it in terms that cs players can understand: cal-o comp player>cal-i xbox player.

you simply cant adjust the controls on xbox to be fast enough to compensate for twitch reflexes that you have with a mouse.

Comment

Which is why I'm happy, it's about damn time I started getting some kills in CS:S.
        -Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
        We are not a single game.
        We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
        We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
          Sega did that with Quake 3 on the dreamcast...any good pc player pretty much dominated any top notch dreamcast player. The superior controls and hardware was just too much to overcome...I doubt this plays out any different.

You could buy a keyboard/mouse package for Dreamcast, it made a great combo for Quake/web browsing ^_^
          |TG-33rd|Calvin

Comment

Ya I used a mouse+keyboard ... they still had huge advantages though with the superior hardware.(framerate + res ) Not to mention most people were 56k back then since the dc broadband adapter was very hard to find...
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

exactly. plus, its not like you can swap out the vid card on your xbox. god knows that even since the 360 came out, there have been vast improvements in computers that make them much more precise and quick than the console. bottom line is that nobody with a thumbstick is gonna beat a guy with honed mouse reflexes and a keyboard cause no matter how much effort you put into trying, you cant do a crouch-jump-180 in 1/4 of a second with a controller like you can with a mouse on decently high sensitivity.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X