Duke Nukem Lives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Lives

Yay! I mean, who doesn't want to play this ;)
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Duke Nukem Lives

classic. Ranks up there with Doom and Wolf3d
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Action figure.

http://www.3drealms.com/actionfigures/images/acfig4.jpg (copy/paste link if it blocks you)

If it is an in-game shot, perhaps Duke Nukem Forever is now a tabletop RPG?!? :p

Comment

Or with the time they have taken, entire operating system.
          [age-c1][command]

Comment

Duke Nukem Forever...... in development forever... it has already been in development for atleast 10 years, and they say 2-3 year time frame from now for a release.

I'll beleive it when they release it.

Comment

My bet is the company goes under first. They must be sinking huge amounts of money into this project on top of what they've already invested. In the end, it'll be like they paid us to play the game.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it. I loved Duke Nukem 3D. Anyone remember the Lucasarts game, Full Throttle? One of my all time favorites. They've been promising a sequal since like '96 with screenshots on their website and even video clips. They finally officially scrapped it a couple years ago. I used to love all the Lucasarts adventure games, but for the past 9 or 10 years, they've ditched their fanbase for nothin' but starwars games. Grrrrrr. 3D Realms is going to do the very same thing. Not make it.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Man, I'd love to see Full Throttle and Grimm Fandango redone...
                  ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

they changed the game engine like 4 times already... it was org on a modify quake2 engine... tho this was back in the day when we had screen shots of the game and had hope
                    |TG-Irr|KraZYRusskie

Вопрос не то, кто собирается позволять мне; это - кто собирается останавливать меня.

Comment

I know a necro post, but nonetheless:

RIP Duke Nukem Forever

The site has some interesting comparisons between the development of Duke Nukem and other projects.
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Cat, that's pretty amazing. I didn't know quite that much detail about the situation. Here's my favorite part:

Things that have taken less time than Duke Nukem Forever's Development: World War II and the entire Manhattan Project. Yes, even the complete development of the atomic bomb took less time.
                        |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

http://kotaku.com/5243277/is-duke-nu...d-%5Bupdate%5D

Just to post it...
                          Skud

Comment

Wow, they went down hard, the website is already down.

http://www.3drealms.com/

Anyone able to load up?
                            Last edited by Birdman1011395; 05-07-2009, 10:10 PM. Reason: Me not Tarzan
                            BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
                            CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

I lost hope in it, maybe I killed it? But 3-D Realms has been dead forever...

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X