Final Fantasy virgin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy virgin

Quite a funny article today from Wired.com on the "Last Final Fantasy Virgin". Funny story, and a good read for a Monday.

BTW, any Final Fantasy virgins here? I've only played X and X-2. Loved X, hated X-2. I'm considering getting XII now.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: Final Fantasy virgin

I've never played a FF game, and I don't really have any desire to. The theme and style of graphics don't appeal to me.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Im certainly not one, Ive played everyone thats been released in america...including tactics and 11 (online), up until X-2. I just couldnt get myself to buy it....

I do really want to play XII and one of my freinds has it but hes hoarding it and taking his time getting through it. :(

Comment

Ya'll are missing out. I played 1-10 and loved everyone of them. I bought X-2 as soon as it came out, but never got around to playing it. I never bothered with 11 since they made it an online game. And I'll play 12 as soon as I get 100 extra hours of free time. Not one of them is my FAVORITE RPG (Xenogears is my all time fav), but they're always enjoyable.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I played 1, 2/4, 3, and Tactics. Watched my friend play 7 and 8.

I also played FFXI (the online one) for a little over a year before I got out. And I say that like leaving the mafia or finally going through rehab, heh; I was very addicted to the game and had to force myself to quit cold turkey. Can't play another FF now, after that.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I hear you, when I was playing X I was in college and it was like, any spare time I had, I'd sit down and plug away at it. I even had the Prima guide so I could literally find every item in the game. Some were a bit too tough though (the Omega ruins come to mind).

Comment

I beat the crap out of 7, 8, 9, and 10...working on getting everything in 12. i friggin love everyone of them. the omega ruins werent that hard, as long as you have everyone leveled up enough and have some legendary weapons. You could also equip something that lets you avoid enemy encounters if you want to get right to ultima, then omega. They arent even the hardest enemies in that game believe it or not...once you start getting the original creations from the fiend colletor, youre in for a world of hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
                I've never played a FF game, and I don't really have any desire to. The theme and style of graphics don't appeal to me.
                Ditto.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm curious about those who say that the theme and graphics don't appeal. Mostly the graphics, though.

Each sequel tends to have a distinctly (if not completely) different style of graphic design. Some are cartoony, some are very realistic. Some are dungeons and dragons type, some are star wars-ish, some are completely new. If each game looked the same, I could understand that dislike. So what is it about the graphics that doesn't appeal?
                  [squadl]
                  "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I think the perception is that Final Fantasy games are more cartoony and light as a whole.

I liked FFX because it was a bit lighter than some other RPG's or adventure games. I like fantasy games that are a bit more happy and cartoony, as opposed to games like Oblivion that are much darker. Although X-2 was TOO happy and goofy for me to play more than an hour or two, never got into that one.

Comment

I think I played one or two of the early FF games on the NES.

I'm intrigued by the newer ones, but I doubt I'll ever play them.
                      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

played and completed all of the FF's from 3 to 9. Never played 10 or any of the laterones due to lack of PS2

Comment

Never played one. As mentioned by others, from the brief images I've seen the graphics look a little too cartoony/anime and it seems more like a kids game for my tastes. I do like a good RPG though so maybe I need to give one a shot.

Comment

Well, its the story matter is far from a kids game. The only one I would say that looks/seems childish is IX.

I have played many Final Fantasy games, including, 4,6,7,8,10,11,12, tactics, and enojyed every minute. I suggest picking up 7 or 8 if you have never played one before.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                              I'm curious about those who say that the theme and graphics don't appeal. Mostly the graphics, though.

Each sequel tends to have a distinctly (if not completely) different style of graphic design. Some are cartoony, some are very realistic. Some are dungeons and dragons type, some are star wars-ish, some are completely new. If each game looked the same, I could understand that dislike. So what is it about the graphics that doesn't appeal?
                              I don't like anime or japanimation in general, just not my preference. Also not too interested in the setting.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X