X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestations Midway MP Demo

In case anyone cares:

Demo

I'm going to be giving it a try out tonight. Supposedly it's pretty decent.

Re: Battlestations Midway MP Demo

I've got it installed (skipped the GameSpy part of the install) but from what I've been reading you have to install GameSpy since it's a MP-only demo. Is that how you read it Jaymind?

If that's true, I'll have to skip it because I'm not installing LameSpy.

Comment

I didn't install game spy either, but I didn't try it out yet so I'm not sure if it needs it or not.

Comment

I'm having a blast with this demo. Think of it as bf1942, naval warfare version.

You basically send out ships, subs and planes on a tactical map ; you can then "jump in" and control any unit to deliver the payload...

Lots of fun, and definitely something that the TG community would love.

Only downside is gamespy... So expect lots of connection trial and error with the demo. Main tip is to add the .exe to your windows firewall exception list (somehow the install did not do that automatically).

Am planning on buying it when it hits the shelves tomorrow - any1 else playing the demo tonight?

Comment

Yeah, the demos pretty fun and I think I'll buy the game once it comes out.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how to play the dang thing, so I haven't gotten a good feel for it yet.

Comment

Controls for the PC can be found on this forum thread:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=64852

More goodies in this forum:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Cheers
              -ABPositive

Comment

I'm having a similar problem to what's been posted in gamespot and BSMidway forums but haven't seen a post with an answer:http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...-1-365058649#9 . I basically have my internet connection completely drop when I try and install the game. ABPositive- you kind of mention a possible way to fix this with your gamespy account. Could you elaborate for noobs like me?

Edit: I went into my control panel and windows firewall to the exceptions tab and checked BSMidway but still have the internet connection crash. The bizarre thing is that it doesn't just crash to desktop, it completly disconnects my internet for at least 2 mins.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X