Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Have Any Godzilla/Japanese Monster Fans Here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Have Any Godzilla/Japanese Monster Fans Here?

I've been a self-proclaimed Godzilla, Ultraman, Gamera, etc. fan for quite some time. I can remember watching them on television and even at my local movie theater way back in the day. Now, I'm not talking about the bad Hollywood version but the classic rubber suits.

I have quite a library of DVD and VHS(remember those?) of titles. Most of my collection is in the Japanese version with English subtitles with the exception of Ultraman which is the badly dubbed version. Nothing like the swirling paint in the opening credits of Ultraman to bring me back.

Some of my top picks:

1)Godzilla vs. King Kong - Classic. The ultimate battle of two Titans. Plus this Godzilla suit is my favorite. King Kong looks so bad he's good.
    2)Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - The best Godzilla movie of the modern era. My favorite of the new suits.
    3)Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla - Another battle royale. Cool Mech suit - rockets for fingers.
    4)Godzilla vs. Megalon - Megalon, Gigan battling Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, cool stuff.
    5)King Kong Escapes - Metal Kong!
    6)Gamera 2 Attack of Legion - Proof that the Japanese are the best model builders in the world.
    7)Godzilla vs The Smog Monster - Ahead of it's time - pollution kills message. Plus the Smog Monster is a cool villian.
    8)Ghidrah - any of the movie's he's in.
    9)Rodan - ditto.
    10)Any Ultraman episode - creative stuff.
    11)The Godzilla theme music is the best in cinema.

Hopefully Toho comes to their senses and re starts the series!
    Last edited by TheFatKidDeath; 02-02-2007, 03:26 PM.
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: Do We Have Any Godzilla/Japanese Monster Fans Here?

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
    6)Gamera 2 Attack of Legion - Proof that the Japanese are the best model builders in the world.
    I agree. http://gaogaygar.fc2web.com/report120.htm

Comment

Re: Do We Have Any Godzilla/Japanese Monster Fans Here?

Oddly enough, I was browsing through our Directv guide just this morning and noticed that the Sci Fi Channel is airing several Godzilla movies. This brought back fond memories of watching a local series called “Creature Double Feature” on Saturdays mornings as a kid, so I used our Tivo to record the next few movies in this series. Imagine my surprise to see a post on these forums about the same topic just a few hours later.

If anyone has the Sci Fi Channel and is interested in the Godzilla films, the following are airing over the next few days:
      • Godzilla vs. Megaguirus - Friday, 02 February @ 3:00 AM EST
      • Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah - Saturday, 03 February @ 3:00 AM EST
      • Rebirth of Mothra - Tuesday, 06 February @ 3:00 AM EST
      • Rebirth of Mothra II - Wednesday, 07 February @ 3:00 AM EST
      Last edited by Pfeil22; 02-03-2007, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X