GR2 Via PCgamer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR2 Via PCgamer

I hopped on over to my friends website GR.net and they have posted a news story that PCGAMER magazine will have an indepth look at GR2 in the July Issue of the magazine.

The link to see the actual cover is at this link ->http://www.ghostrecon.net/images_news/gr2pcg.jpg

Maybe lowdrag can get them to print a large font edition for his old butt.

I'm really looking forward to seeing if Apophis can give us some info on the modability of GR2. I hope the nightvision doesn't make us look like we swam in a nuclear reactor and make it look more real-Apophis? can you tell us some of what you learned at E3?

Thanks,
    |S&P|Papa6

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Re: GR2 Via PCgamer

I don't think Apophis has much info, particularly about GR2 modability, because no one was there at E3 to talk about the PC version of GR2. So far, no information has been given specifically about the PC version other then that it will be a port of the Xbox version, possibly with some "tweaks". There is no PC-specific development team (the Xbox folks will be responsible for the PC version).

Here are my assumptions about modability based on the info given:

1. Since it is an updated GR engine, I assume map making will still be done through 3DSM. My guess would be they won't be putting up the money for GMax plugins, but we'll wait and see I guess.

2. Igor will still be available as a great tool to create new missions and make small modifications. Probably won't see a huge improvement or change in the interface.

3. They mentioned great improvements in the collision detection that caused unique movement problems and glitching. This will probably translate to an easier job in map-making, possibly eliminating the necessity for 2D collision planes, sherman levels, floor tagging and more.

Just assumptions, though. We won't know anything till they decide to think about the PC version.
    [volun]

Comment

I'm not a wizard or anything at pcgames. But the glitching problems stem from a problem of the game recognizing the face of normals like a hill. I've been able to hide behind glitches unintentionally or been shot through ground geometry. when someone wasn't even crested enough to shoot me over the hill. or the person in question wasn't even looking around a corner to shoot me but have.

This all has to do with the faces of the geometry and what now.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Comment

I have zero info on GR2 for the PC... The only version of GR2 they had at E3 was for the X-Box.. We spoke to the product manager for the X-Box version but she had no info at all for the PC... It was pretty disappointing.

I did learn that GR2 will be based off the GR engine though. It appeared (without being able to get any real confirmation) that the modding tools will be similar for GR2 as they were for GR.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X