• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump keys

Have you heard about these? Check out this site:
    http://www.peiferlock.com/alert-bump-keys.htm
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Bump keys

I saw a different video and got some on ebay about 6 months ago. I couldn't get them to work. Another ebay member emailed me and he couldn't get them to work either. I think it's a scam, or I'm just all thumbs.

Comment

Yeah, I've read about these things before. Pretty crazy. Wikipedia's article isn't so bad.

Comment

After downloading and watching this video it is scary how most locks are just not that secure...

Lock Picking for a New Millennium

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

If your ganna get it by EbAY, dont, you need legal permission from a locks maker or a locksmith and county permission to own one. I had to get a liscence before i was able to purchase a lock pic, a real lock pic, like a tom clancy's splinter cell lock pic, trust, it works wonders once you get the hang of it. This on the other hand looks more like a scm than anything else.
          AKA
          USMCSierraJuan
          Sierra_6177

Defabian

Comment

I have heard about this and was wondering if it is completely non-destructive. Is the key recoverable?
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
              I have heard about this and was wondering if it is completely non-destructive. Is the key recoverable?
              Yes and yes. It's basically just combining a tension wrench and rake into one tool, a basically ground key. I had never seen this bump technique before, but I've picked a few locks the old fashioned way.

As far as legality, that completely depends on where you live. Here in Texas, lock picking tools are completely legal unless you intend to use them to commit a crime.
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
                The keys leave a mark right above the key hole if you bump a few times. There is no other damage.

These guys are crazy about bump keys.
                http://www.toool.nl/index-eng.php

Comment

Holy cow...now I know more.

Hmm, I should replace some locks with better ones.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                    Holy cow...now I know more.

Hmm, I should replace some locks with better ones.
                    Before you do, think about whether or not it's really worth it. Sure, these bump keys look cool, but all of those locks could easily be picked with a standard set of picks that people have been using for years and years... How many houses do you think get broken into by having the lock on the front door picked? Next to none. It's much more likely that a burglar would find another, often more violent, way to enter your house. Windows are always easy to break...

Home security needs to consist of a much more well rounded philosophy. Locks are only there to keep people from being tempted to just walk right in.
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                      How many houses do you think get broken into by having the lock on the front door picked? Next to none.

Home security needs to consist of a much more well rounded philosophy. Locks are only there to keep people from being tempted to just walk right in.
                      Pretty much the point I was going to make. As I've heard it said, locks are only good for honest people.

I'm in charge of hardware for my university department, and we have a cabinet where we recently started to store some valuable equipment. Now, the cabinet has a lock, but it's nothing ultra-secure. Last week, unbeknownst to me, other people in the department called out the locksmiths to put a better lock on it. When I asked why they're spending money on this, several people got all worried because "a thief could just pry the door open with this lock, but with the new lock they won't be able to get in without damaging the doors." I laughed and told them that, were I a thief, if I wanted to get inside the cabinet (which has rather thin wooden doors) I'd just bring a hatchet and bash the crap out of it. It was kinda funny because people seemed to think that thieves wouldn't attempt to steal anything if they had to cause damage. This was also in the wake of someone stealing a multi-thousand dollar piece of gear that was locked and tied down with security cables; the thief just cut the cables and took them with him.

Any lock can be picked/hacked, and any determined thief will likely just smash a window if they really want to get in. Locks are really only good to prevent crimes of opportunity and to have a valid claim for insurance purposes. :P
                      [squadl]
                      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X