Can Google Hear Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Google Hear Me?

I found this story browsing Digg tonight. What set it apart from the others for me (besides it's high Digg count) is the fact that the story is told by-and about, a childhood friend of mine:

Digg story

Direct link

Basically, my old friend Aaron Stanton is cold calling Google at their Mountain View headquarters in order to pitch an idea to them. His methodology is simple: show up and wait in their lobby until he can get an appointment and make his pitch (and record his efforts).

I always expected Aaron to grow up and be a writer (well he is sort of, but does blogging count?):). But here he is trying to take a crack at Google. Very strange and very inspiring
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: Can Google Hear Me?

Your childhood friend appears to have the kind of ideas and drive that will allow him to succeed in the valley.

Go him...
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

I don't see why anyone with a brilliant idea would go and give it to Google. I mean, what if the Google guys had gone and given their idea to Microsoft?

Comment

If Google gave their ideas to Microsoft, the ideas all would've been world renowned and have failed miserably, just like everything else they've ever done except the Xbox and Halo (almost enough to forgive them).
        The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
        I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
        Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu View Post
          I don't see why anyone with a brilliant idea would go and give it to Google. I mean, what if the Google guys had gone and given their idea to Microsoft?
          From what I gather, he dosn't have the resources to attempt it on his own (he has tried) and he believes it to be something Google would be very interesting and getting hired by Google is better than winning the lottery for most tech people, heh.

Comment

yeah, he's not "giving" it to google.

Comment

google is the number one place to work in the country i believe. (some reputable poll said this)
              Current member of the

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about Google's new audio search feature, where they collect data from billions of microphones installed in and around houses, cars, and buildings of all sorts. Audio would also be collected from all cellular, VOIP, and land line phone calls unless you opted out in the small print on the sign-up form.

The answer to the question in that case would be a resounding (and searchable) "YES"!

:D
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...